Chapter 9 ~ Ninja Moment Much?

Cai's POV:

I approached Chiron, who was talking to a kid that looked like he thought he was 'all-it'. I think his name was ... Lucas? Luke? That was it, Luke. He owned my arse in sword-fighting :'( He walked off, giving me my chance. 

"Erm.. Sir? Mr. Chiron Sir? Urm, Hello. I was wondering, erm, if ... IfIcoulduseAdaggerinsteadofAswordinCapturetheFlag?" 

He gave me a look that said " I've heard about this."

" I hear you didn't do so well in sword fighting."

I thought about tripping on the way to the stage. " Yeah, about that. I'm more of an archery bow and arrows person. Plus i prefer dagger fighting to sword fighting."

" Sure, you can choose whatever weapon you like for the games. Everyone can."

I sighed with relief.

" Now if you would excuse me, the teams are getting restless." Chiron trotted off to the campfire where the cabins were split into two teams. Everyone seemed excited. And everyone held weapons. I made a slight prayer to Zeus that my powers were as awesome as i hopped they were. If not, i was toast. Really burnt toast.

Bree looked like she was thinking the same thing. Percy was strapping on her armour. The look on her face said that whoever designed armour like this would soon have a sword through their middle. I walked over to her and asked Percy if he could do my armour. He wasn't the best person at putting it on. After all, he'd only been here a few weeks, but i wasn't going to ask Annabeth to do it. It took a few minutes, but we were finally strapped up. I noticed that everyone was walking up to Chiron, so i gestured to Bree to follow.

" Now today, we have some new campers. I'm sure they'd prefer it if they stayed in one piece."

I prayed to Hades that he was joking. Otherwise, i was burnt toast with mustard. Chiron rambled on about various rules and stuff like that. No killing, maiming, taking people hostage etc. I could see Bree was getting restless, her finger running over her trident tattoo.

" So what happened with the sword?"

" Honestly, i have no clue."

" Do i get a tattoo that does that?"

" I don't know, but i have a feeling you'll get your weapon soon enough."

I looked at the rusted dagger at my belt and hopped that moment was soon. I longed for a bow and some arrows.

" Lets go." Said Chiron. We ran into the woods.

" Does anyone get hurt?" I asked Percy. He shook his head.

" I don't know, i've only been here a few weeks."

That made me calm down a little. I noticed Bree had a black leather jacket on under her armour.

" When did you get that?" It looked way too expensive for her to have bought.

" At the campfire."

" Does it do anything?"

" Not that i know of."

" Come over here twins, we need to get a move on." It was Luke. My blood boiled, something about him didn't seem right. We walked over to Luke.

" We've already placed the flag, but i'm betting on you two to go  for the opponents flag."

" Whatttttttttttttttttttt???"

" You find the red teams flag and we win." He said simply.

A horn blew nearby.

" You need to get going."

We looked at each other and ran into the woods, our teams reputation on our shoulders. How were we going to find the flag? We didn't know the camp at all, wouldn't it be better if the Stoll brothers went, or Luke? We got to a mound of boulders. They looked like a fist. Bree sat down.

" What in the hell do we do now???" She exclaimed. I thought she'd read my mind. I made some random moves like you see on the karate movies.

" We be stealth ninjas."

Bree laughed as i did an attempted flip.

" Lets just walk a little further and see what we find."

" Agreed."

It seemed like hours passed. But no cry of victory came through the woods.

" I say we just go back and get Luke to look for the flag." Said Bree.

That was when we heard the voices. The clink of armour, and the shift of a spear. A spear. Who had a spear in camp. I remembered. A buff girl, with brown hair and a red bandana.

Clarisse.

She jumped out of the bushes and pointed her spear at us. It fizzled with electricity. Wait, electricity. I looked at Bree. She seemed to be thinking the same thing. Before we went on the run for the first time, we figured out some strategies. If an adult found us, the first time they spoke to us, their guard was up. But with a little bit of good acting, that guard could be lowered, and we go in for the kill.

" Oh please Clarisse, spare us, we don't deserve to be in your presence." Whinnied Bree. This was a good idea. If you've ever read the Hobbit, and the bit where he flatters the dragon Smaug to keep himself alive, you'd know what we were doing.

As Bree fake wept in front of Clarisse, who was speechless, i pretended to be hurt. I 'dragged' myself around the back of Clarisse, as her attention was on Bree. I prayed again to Zeus, and held out my hand, focusing on the crackle of electricity in Clarisses spear.

" What the..?" Was all she was able to say before a couple of hundred volts of energy blew her back. She didn't move. Bree immediately got up from the floor, not fake crying.

" Is she dead?" I asked.

" Who gives a ****"

I smiled. Then i thought of something. Clarisse was one of the best fighters. If she'd been stationed here it meant...

" The flag's nearby." Whispered Bree.

Clarisse must have been guarding the flag. We searched the clearing. We nearly gave up until...

" What's that?" I wondered aloud. Because hanging at the top of a tree, a piece of red fabric fluttered n the wind.

" No way." We said at the same time. Bree scaled the tree easily, and jumped down with the flag and banner in her hand. We both yelled with delight. It must have carried in the wind, because soon campers came rushing through the undergrowth. The red team gave us hard looks as they rushed over to Clarisse ( who we'd completely forgot about ) while the blue team threw us into the air, patting our backs, Percy at the front.

Then the gigantic beast tackled him to the ground.