Chapter 22 ~ What the Fu- Fudge?

Cai's POV

Okay, so, I was reaalllly suspicious of this person. She didn't seem.... human. She hissed at Annabitch, which I thought was odd, although I don't think no one actually likes her. But things were definitely creepy. But i knew from common sense not to stand up and yell " Oh my gods, SNAKE WOMAN!!!" Instead i decided to take things nice and slow, and alert the others of my suspicions. There was no way i was going to tell Annabitch, she would probably scream. Grover i hardly knew so decided to push this option to the side. That left me with Percy and Bree. And, no offence to Percy, but i hardly knew the guy. So how to get the attention of Bree.

She was already showing the signs of suspicion too. I knew most of them. The narrowed eyes, drumming of the finger, fingers running through hair, and weirdly of all, the tugging at the ear. She was showing the first stage of worry, the narrowed eyes. I could see thin slits of electric blue and silver through the gap between her eyelids. Evidently the  lady hadn't noticed that anything was wrong. That was good. I did the only logical thing. Sadly that involved pain for Bree. I saw her wince and made a mental note to apologies if she had a shoe imprint on her foot. She looked at me, and got the point. She then slurped on her drink loudly, sticking out her pinky finger in the direction of the lady. Percy looked up, and saw her sign. Sadly he took it the wrong way.

" I know," He said " she makes awesome drinks."

I made a second mental note to punch hip later. Evidently (from the expression on her face) Bree had made the same mental note. So it was up to us. We launched into action.

" Could i use the toilet ma'am?" I asked, deliberately knocking over my can as i did so.

" Of course dear." She said sweetly.

Bree stood up and grabbed my knocked over can, and made to take it to the bin. She then accidentally on purpose tripped over the leg of her chair, the can rolling to the feet of the woman.

" Here, let me help you get that cut cleaned." I said, helping Bree to her feet, we then walked/limped to the toilet. The moment we got there, and closed the door, Bree straightened up. 

" Ok, what do we do?" I asked.

Bree sniffed the air. I still had to get used to this. " Monster, definitely, it's a strong smell."

I didn't ask what monsters smelt like.

" Right, well the others are in a trance, you saw how Percy reacted to the sign, so we're the target." I breathed.

" I say we make a run for the exit, if she follows, we dash into that statue wilderness behind us."

I turned around and for the first time i saw what she meant. Covering what looked like a kilometer of land were statues of every kind. Human and animal. They looked so life like. I noticed that in between the staues were trees and bushes, so that would provide cover. " What the fu- fudge? OK, agreed."

And we walked out of the toilet.