Chapter 12 ~ I'M AN ANIMAL!!!

Bree's POV

Over the next few days, me and Cai pondered on the same question. What are our other powers? I noticed that Percy was more agitated than usual, he kept muttering something about a lightning bolt. There had been a rumour that the master bolt of Zeus had been stolen, and a quest would go out to get it back. But i knew it wasn't just the bolt that worried Percy, something else must be on his mind. I made a mental note to ask him. Cai and i ( awesome rhyming ) often went to our cabins ( we had three to choose from ) and practiced our powers ( water, lightning and electricity, and death ) we also liked to change our appearance to fit our mood. I have to admit that it's cool being in a Hades mood. You can wear all the weird punk stuff and look great in it. For example, i've taken a liking to black pixie cut's and skull wrings. But the best style is the Zeus style. That's what we called it. Our hair style's into spikes ( not jelled-eww-natural looking ) and electricity travels around the tips of the spikes, like join the dot's. That's when everyone back's off and knows not to mess with us.

It was aiming class next. That's when we practise throwing knives and archery. Stuff that involves aiming. Cai walked off to the archery. I noticed that she'd been going through meany bows and arrows, but non of them were her style. I regretted not being able to use my sword in this class. Akantha ( Thorn, the sword) melted back into my skin as a trident tattoo, and as if that wasn't cool enough, i realized that i could keep it on Trident mode. The blade of the sword was made up of three metals. On the left half, there was Imperial gold, on the right side there was Celestial bronze, and on the tip there was Stygian iron. It was like Zeus, Hades and Poseidon had made this deadly weapon together. The hilt of the sword was a skull with a bone underneath it. What looked like an electrical sea serpent wove through the eye's of the skull and it's mouth. Sweet!!! But, i admit, i was a little disappointed that i didn't get some knives. I loved knife throwing, and some wicked knives wouldn't go a miss. 

I looked at my leather jacket while Chiron lectured us on aim. What i hadn't told Cai, was that in my jacket, i had knife holders. There were slips of leather of every size and shape to hold different knives. The only thing was, the knives were missing.

I'd been to aiming lesson a few time's over the week. Sadly, i hadn't been asked to demonstrate yet. Maybe today was the day. The only problem was that if i was picked, i wouldn't have anything to throw.

" Breanna, come and show us how to throw a knife." Chiron looked expectantly from me, like i was going to pull a selection of knives from my pocket.

" I don't have a weapon sir."

He studied me.

" Well, that is a shame..."

Thunder rumbled. I felt a pain in my side. I fell to the floor. People ran up to see if i was alright. When i got up, i felt something weird in my jacket. I opened it. Knives. There was every sort you could imagine. Short ones, round ones, long ones, thin ones, serrated ones and even some double bladed ones. I got up.

" You were saying miss Jackson. I believe you have some knives now. I wasn't listening. They were amazing. I needed to play with them, i needed to practise with them. 

" Thank you." I whispered to the ground. After all there was no doubt who the knives came from with their skull and bone hilts, and wicked black blades.

" Thank you Hades." I muttered. Then i came to my senses. Everyone backed off and waited for me to make my move.

" Try to hit that middle target." Said Chiron. 

I nearly laughed. That was a massive target. 

" You can move closer if you want."

I snorted. I took a thin and small blade from the inside of my jacket. I flicked it casually, without even looking at the target. It hit dead centre.