Chapter 28 ~ Like the Ice-Lolly?

Bree's P.O.V

Luckily I hit the water. I sank down to the depths of the river. The first thing I noticed was 'I am alone, with no Percy or Cai, Grover, or even Annabitch.'The second thing I noticed was ' I am breathing under water '. I didn't move as I floated to the surface of the water. I still stayed motionless when I got to the surface, the sun baking my back. Eventually I decided to move. I swam to the shore of the island, and flopped upon the sand. Eventually, I decided to get up. I looked at the bushes in front of me. I was so depressed that I didn't notice that the bushes were trimmed, and pruned. But I still burst through them, desperate to find anything that could take me back to my friends. found myself staring not into the depths of a forest, but into a pair of eyes.

The eyes of a girl.

She dropped her bowl of fruit.

" What? But, you're a girl..."

I wasn't going to listen to her ramblings. I pushed past her. I found myself looking into a beautiful garden. But i wasn't looking at the flowers.

" Where am I?!"

The girl looked at me. She had cinnamon toast coloured hair, peachy skin, and almond shaped almost gold eyes. Her white dress fluttered in the wind, and her mouth was open in a perfect ' O '.

" Where am I?!!! I have jumped off of a 630 foot tall building, separated from my friends, blown off course, and dumped on an island. I am NOT IN THE MOOD FOR GAMES!!!!!"

Sensibly, she answered right away. " You've been stranded on the island Ogygia. You can't leave unless you really want to. Or unless the fates see otherwise. "

" So if i don't want to leave, I'll grow old and die here?"

" No, you'll live forever."

" Thanks for the offer, but I'm leaving now. Is there a train or something?"

" Only a raft, and it only appears..."

" I know, so who are you? Have there been others stranded here before?"

She looked at me, almost defensively. As if waiting for me to attack her. " Others have been here before. Only men. They told me only men could... Anyway, i am Calypso."

" Like the ice-lolly?"

She frowned " How can ice be turned into a looly?"

" What? I said..." It dawned on me. Calypso. " You're the daughter of the Titan Atlas, the dude that holds up the sky. You fought against the Gods with him in the first war against the Gods and the Titans. The Gods won. You were banished to Ogygia for 3000 years. No company. Just one big island. " Wow, i sounded like Annabitch.

" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I screamed that one in my mind.

Calypso looked to be about 15. And I was interested. This was my first adventure on my own. Like fully on my own.

" OK, OK. So, I wait for a magical raft, that will take me to where I want to go. Wonderful. " I calmed down. I'd only been on this island and around it for what felt like an hour, and already I was about to leave.

" Show me where the raft will appear." I felt that this sounded bad, so I said " Please."

She eyed me carefully. Then she pushed her way through the bushes again. I followed her.

" The raft will appear just here."

We waited. And waited. " I will... get some food ready." Calypso glared at me. I didn't notice that. I just stared at the open blue. No raft.