Chapter 11 ~ She gets an Awesome Hellhound and I get a Chicken Pony?!

Amy P.O.V:

How come she got a Hellhound? She keeps on boasting about it. This is the first time I have ever disliked her. She hasn't spoke to me in a week because of that mongrel. I admit, it is fucking awesome, but that is no reason to ignore me! In the past few days, I have tried to speak to her but it is all 'Sorry, got to go and feed MY pet Hellhound' and Sorry must dash, MY Hellhound and I are going to train.' I feel so upset, It feels like a part of me is missing. My hair is the darkest shade of Blue possible to show my depression, sadness and anger. I now spend most of my time with Jace, a boy from the Apollo cabin. It's nice spending time with him, as he understands what i have been through as his twin had won a fight against Annabeth and had been basked in glory. Its either with him or on my own in the woods. I have made targets and a sort of obstacle course that lets me practise my powers and use my other senses to fight, rather than just my eyes and to let my practise my,gymnastics. It is basically a set of wood and bottles and knifes on string, so that if i pull a piece of string connected to it, it cause everything to swing. I cover my eyes with a blindfold doing this, letting me focus on sound, touch, scent and taste rather than base everything on sight. Also, i have been practising my sword fighting. I am an awful lot better at it, almost as good as Bree. I am still better at using daggers and bow and arrows, but i have improved by far! As I swiped once more at the moving dummy with my sword, successfully cutting it in two, i might add, A horn sounded, telling me that either, A), we were allowed to come for dinner, or B), there was an announcement. I gathered my weapons and jogged through the forest, coming into the main part of camp. I saw my sister stood next to her hell hound, and I tried to avoid her as much as I could, but unfortunately no such luck. Everyone was huddled around something, whispering excitedly. I pushed past the crowd, only to see a majestic Pegasus. It was a smoky grey colour that seemed to shine in the light. It turned to me after growling-growling?- at some people that had dared to come near it. I trotted towards me, then buried its head in my shoulder. A silver mist surrounded us then faded. " Erebus..." I whispered. It looked up to me and I could finally see its eyes. They weren't even there! All that was there were black gaping holes. If you looked into them, it looked as if you were looking into another dimension, or into space. it was beautiful. It reminded my of Zeus and Hade- OH MY GODS!!!!!!! THEY GAVE US THE ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!  I looked up to the sky and whispered so quietly no one could hear " Thank you, Lord Zeus." I then repeated it with Hades, as thunder clapped and the ground rumbled. I got upon it and flew off into the sky. It felt.... Exhilarating. The feel of the wind on my face, the sight of the camp below, the wetness as we passed through clouds. As we were flying, I studied my Pegasus carefully. It looked like Zeus and Hades had combined a gift they thought was ideal for me, with my changed attitude. I used to be girly, and loved to wear dresses and high heels. Now, i prefer shorts to dresses, and camo boots to high heels. I had become withdrawn from all the camp, like Nico had done. Everyone tried to find out what was wrong with me, even ANNABETH, but I wouldn't tell. It's petty really, but I was Jealous. My sister always had the best out of the things we were given, for example, when we were younger, we had barbie dolls. Of course, i had the plain barbie doll, whilst she had the Malibu one. Also, everyone seems to like her, rather than me. We look identical, and our personalities are the same.  I sighed and went into a nose dive. I pulled up just a few feet above the ground and landed. She hasn't spoken to me in ages, until now. " Cai! There you are! I've bin lookin for you, trying to talk."

" Sureeee. If talking involves a hellhound." 

She looked shocked, and i felt pleased with myself. I had scored a point. I looked at her to see if she would retort or something. 

" If you got a helllhound, you'd wanna check it out."

" Why would i check out a ball of fur when i have a lightning Pegasus?!" I  don't know why, but i was now defensive of my gift. After all, it was pretty awesome. Erebus bared his teeth behind me. Argyros bristled his fur and began to grow. Bree put a hand on his back. He looked at her as if waiting for orders. It was like some telepathic communication passed between them. Wait, it was telepathic communication. I looked at Erebus.

" You want me to whip their asses mistress?" I nearly fell over. I looked at the other campers. It looked like i was the only one that had heard the horse. Everyone else was assessing the situation, or in the Stoll brothers case, laying bets.

" NO! But..... Show them something awesome." Erebus smiled. At least, i hope he smiled. Erebus flew into the air. Everyone fell silent. When he got above the crowd, he opened his wings... And let off a  blast that rippled through the air. People were knocked backwards. Except me. The Pegasus flew back down to my side. Campers slowly got up. And looked at Bree. I realized that they were waiting to see her move. I expected Bree to do something herself, like summon a tidal wave. I knew she'd been practising her powers. But it wasn't her, or her hellhound that moved next. It was Nico. He walked out of the crowd, towards Argyros. Bree looked as equally stunned as i did. Nico walked up to the hellhound's ear and whispered something. It sounded suspiciously like " Poison."

Argyros shuddered. Slowly, deep green smoke emitted from beneath our feet. Green? Shouldn't it be black? And then i saw why it was green. Murky, poisonous water swirled inside of it, like Poseidon and Hades had combined their powers to make something deadly. The smoke drifted through the crowd. People tried to swat it away with their swords, but anyone that did so got lightly touched by the smoke. What it left behind was blisters. Everyone panicked, running madly. That was before they realized that the smoke was heading for me. They stopped to watch it twist towards it's target. The worst thing was, you couldn't run or hide from it. And you couldn't fight it.

Bree was swatting at it madly, trying to get it to go away. The poison obviously didn't affect her. Green tendrils touched my skin and i felt pain. Blisters popped up on my ankles. 

" NOOO!" I yelled. I couldn't take it any more. The moment i yelled, harsh winds began to blow. The winds came from Erebus. I realized that Bree was helping him to blow the smoke away. I helped her, concentrating on the sound of the wind and how it felt on my skin. Slowly, the smoke drifted away. I felt sorry for anyone near the big house, because soon they'd have some mighty blisters.

" Truce?" I asked Bree.

" Truce." She replied.

Then everyone looked at Nico.

" Why are you all looking at me? Again..."

" You were the one that told that thing to let of poisonous smoke!!!" Shrieked Annabeth.

Me and Bree looked at each other. If it annoyed Annabeth then....

" How did ya do it???" We both asked him.

" I just, you know, asked the hellhound."

" We all nearly died and want to know how he did it?"

" Sure."

" I DON'T BELIEVE YOU COMPLETELY THICK BI...!!!!!!!!!"

" Annabeth " It was Chiron " we need to talk. Breanna and Caielle, i suggest you take your pets to the stables or let them go to the woods."

I told Erebus to go the stables while Bree whispered something that sounded like Latin in Argyros' ear. He downsized to a silver wolf and bounded off to the woods, growling at people as he went just to make his point clear. Annabeth and Chiron walked/ cantered off to the big house. Everyone else moved off to their activities. What did we have next? Free period. Yessss. Because now i could question the one thing on my mind...

" What are our two other powers?"