Chapter 8 ~ We eat Annabeth for breakfast

Breas POV

Ok, first of all people tell us were daughters of a massive Greek god, and by chance we are also blessed by the, what was it? The big three. Ok, you got me. I fell into your joke. That was what I felt like saying. But it was strange. I got the feeling that I'd never been more at home, even though I'd seen this place in my life.

Last night, we'd been led quickly to what looked like a small cabin with sea shells plastered all over it. We'd been told that everything was fine and that this was very normal. WTF? Speak for yourself. I didn't do this on a regular day. You people are crazy. But I was too tired to ask any questions. I'd taken one look at the the soft bed and collapsed upon it. Little did I know I'd just entered the most dangerous life a kid could have.

So now I sat outside the big house. That was what people called it. I was fingering and rubbing the trident tattoo that now ran the length of my left arm. Akantha. Thorn. That was the word that had burned into my skin last night. My brain had translated the word to Thorn. What was Thorn? On my other arm, a life like bone tattoo was on the inside of my arm. Argyros. That was the other name that had been on my arm. Silver. That was what that one meant.

" Brea" Chiron called. " are you coming in?"

My sister was already in there.

" We're now going to explain as much as we can about the blessing of the gods to you."

" Ok."

" The blessing of the gods starts at a prophecy. We don't know what this was at the present time, but we'll try to find out what the prophecy said. The three big gods then felt the need to bless you. This means you get a piece of each of their powers. The blessed usually get six powers, but I'm not sure. I've only taught one blessed child before. We obviously know your main powers, but it's the other three we're worried about. You both should also have a power that is passed down from generations, or one that is from a different culture. Another one is a small power, one that is from your sisters power. For example, if you had the power of light, and your sister Cai had the power of darkness, you would get a small part of the power of darkness, and Cai would get a small part of the power of light. Your last power is the power to change your look, which you have clearly shown you can already do. It looks like the gods gave you this power to hide you and protect you."

" Wow." We both said.

Percy walked through the door. " You have the entire English and Greek language and you say wow. People, you have awesome powers, and you just acted as though you got given the 100% attendance award at school."

I stared at the floor. I guess Percy was right. Kids dream their whole lives about getting awesome powers, but now we knew what it was like to have them, well, it didn't feel awesome at all just ordinary.

" Annabeth will show you around the camp before activities start." Said Chiron.

Annabeth was waiting for us outside. " Don't even try some funny business." This lightened me up. We could, what was the phrase? Eat Annabeth for breakfast!

She began to walk us around, telling us the different cabins as we came and went. I only listened at the last three cabins.

" Zeus, Poseidon and Hades."

I looked in the Hades cabin. Bones lined the walls. I was about to look out again when I saw a figure sitting on one of the bunks. A boy. He had black scruffy hair and Italian type skin. I guessed he was kind of tall. But his eyes were dark brown, almost black.

" Nico, say hi."

The boy looked up and I swore he smiled at me, but it was gone as quickly as it had come.