Chapter 16 ~ No offence but... SUCKERS!!!

Cai's POV

Our chariot was awesome. I looked at the badly constructed chariots and thought to myself that Bree and I were amazing. I had checked all of the buttons in the chariot to make sure no Greek fire started by accident or anything, and grabbed the reigns to Argyros. The hellhound turned and bared it's fangs at me. The message was crystal clear. Yell at me, tug too hard on the reigns or do anything i don't like and you're hellhound fast food. Bree had told him to leave me alone, but the thing still found a way piss me off. I took hold of the strong metal wires that were the reigns and felt a small shock from the electricity, but it disappeared before I had time to register what it was. Bree carefully selected some creepy looking knives and flashed a creepy smile at an Apollo kid. The kid smirked, thhen saw the look on Bree's face. He looked at Bree, who was looking at me. His gaze switched from Bree, to me holding 1000 volt wires, to Argyros. My sister's hellhound bared it's teeth at the boy. His face said it all. We were frightening, and the boy was at least 5 years older than us. He looked at me again, and I blew him a kiss. I made my eyes turn pitch black, and my hair red to scare him. When we pulled up to the starting line, i closed my eyes. Dad, guide us and keep us away from harm as we may possibly die on this course! I thought in my head.

And then Chiron yelled " GO!"

The hellhound didn't need telling twice. He ran faster than 150mph, at least.. Every so often , I saw him  turn to shadow for a second and then change back because he was going so fast. I turned around to see where the other chariots were. They were at least a lap and a half behind us.

" Any problems so far?" I questioned Bree, as if we were having a normal conversation over cups of tea.

" None so far." She replied easily.

" Hang On, How many laps do we have to do?" I said in a weird accent.

" Three." Ahhh, okay.

We were gonna win this thing. Obviously, with our luck, that was when things went wrong. I heard a creaking sound come from behind us, and Bree swore. I'm not even going to repeat what she said.

" What's the fuck has gone wrong." I asked her, my voice hard as steel.

" Well..... you know we planned at going at lightning speed, like we are now?"

" Yeahhhh?"

" Well I don't think the wheels like lightning speed very much."

" I thought you said they could take it!" I shouted through gritted teeth.

" Well evidently they can't!" She snapped.

I took a quick look over the side, and saw what she meant. The right wheel was splintering. I took another look at the other teams, and my heart sank to my stomach. The Apollo kids were already out, because their horse had been cut loose. The Demeter girl's chariot  had set alight by Greek fire. Just let me say that Greek fire is forever burning, deadly poisonous fire that can't be put out by water. Clarisse and her friend were in a miniature battle with Percy and Annabitch. The ones close to us were Beckendorf and Nico, but i could see that the Stoll brothers were already targeting them with something. But I knew we were going to be caught, one way or another.

" Cai, Tie the reigns through the little holes you see on the front and tell Argyros to go onto auto pilot."

" We have auto pilot! Why didn't we use it before?" I said, surprised.

" Because it takes away the electricity and slows us down a tiny bit." Eh, good point.

" Fair enough." I told her.

 I did as she said and looped the reigns through the holes.Sure enough, the electricity turned off and we slowed down just a little.

" Now tell Argyros to run a little slower."