Chapter 19 ~ Boy problems?

Bree POV

After saving Cais but, i trudged back to the Hades cabin. I felt like yelling at something, and Hades was first in line. I stormed through the cabin door, black smoke curling around my ankles, thunder rumbling, and what felt like fangs growing from my mouth. 

I think the guy already in there nearly peed himself (to put it politely). The boy had blonde hair, and was fairly tall. 

" Uhhh..." He breathed.

I eased, and the smoke subsided, the fangs drew themselves in, and the sky around camp turned blue again.

" I'm sorry, i was looking for Cai." He mumbled. I looked him up and down. I'd seen this guy before. He wassss.....

" My name's Jace."

He was the boy Cai had hung around with when we had had problems. I wondered why he wanted to find her. " Why do ya wanna see her? I noticed you spent alot of time with her before." I teased.

" I don't, uhh, you know. When you weren't getting along, she was my friend. Now you're friends again, and she doesn't really look at me anymore." He said miserably. " It's almost like i'm second in line, ya know, just the person to fall back on."

I felt sorry for him. " Why don't you just to hang out with her?"

" Well, you're both really powerful now, i don't think i deserve to be around with her." He looked at the floor.

" Whatttt????? You're kidding. We're not going to act like gods because we have powers. What cabin are you in anyway?"

" Apollo."

" That's one thing you and Cai have in common, you're both great with a bow and arrows."

He looked edgily at me " Do you think you could take me to her?"

I heard something at the door. " No need."

It was Cai. 

Jace's mouth dropped " How much of that did you hear?"

" More than you would've liked." 

" Will you hang out?"

" Maybe after the quest."

Cai walked off.

I looked at Jace " How much do you like her?"

" I don't, not like that."

I raised my eyebrows at him.

" A little." He said, his cheeks reddened.

I smiled, and walked off too. A small group of people were gathered in the clearing. Percy, Cai, Grover and, thee Annabitch. I noticed that they all had bags.

" Oh look, she couldn't be bothered to pack." Sneered Annabitch. 

" Cai," I said " how did you pack so quickly?"

" I've been packed ready to go for hours."

" Uhhh."

" Hurry up." Said Percy.

I dashed to Poseidon Cabin, and chucked a few clothes into a rucksack, along with some drachma (money of the gods) and pulled on my knife jacket. When i ran out, i smashed into someone. I fell over.

" Owww." I yelled " Watch where you're going."

" Oh sorry Bree." It was Nico.

" Really Nico, i have to go."

" You punched me in the face. Twice."

" I'm really sorry." I apologized.

" Oh that's ok."

My long hair swept into my face.

" Let me help you up." Said Nico. He offered his hand. I took his hand. I got up.

" Uhh." Nico looked down at our hands. " Sorry." He said and pulled away, looking sheepish. I didn't notice any of this. " Hey, i'll Iris you."

I looked dumbly at him.

" I'll keep in  touch." He smiled.

I waved goodbye, and ran to the group. Together we set off up the hill, to where Argus was waiting in the van.

We got to the van, and crammed ourselves in. Percy looked worried. Grover looked worried. Annabeth looked worried. I looked ecstatic. Cai looked down right pissed. We were going on a quest. Awesome!   

Argus ( the many eyed guard and van drive - he had eyes all over his body ) drove us into to town.

We got out of the van, and watched it until it vanished around the corner. 

" Ok," Said Grover " where to now?"

This pretty much voiced what we were all thinking.

" The underworld." Said Cai " When i was taken by Hades, he said he wanted two things."

" Yeah, he said he wanted two things, not had them." Said Annabeth.

" But who's to say those things involved the lightning bolt? He could be covering up. He'd want a war, so he wouldn't exactly throw the word around that he had it."

Everyone looked at Percy.

" We go to Hades then." He said.

The next few hours consisted of wondering where Hades was, before i suggested to get on a random bus to anywhere. We got off of this random bus some time later, because Grover (being a satyr) smelled food. The forest we stepped out on, was dark. It looked evil.

We went a stretch, realized there was no food, tried to get back to the bus, but the bus was gone.

" Great. Now we have to stay here." Huffed Annabeth.

We trudged through the forest, hoping to find anything. It seemed like only a short while age, Nico had tripped me up, and now i was in a forest.

Then i heard the hissing.

And the claws.