Chapter 15 ~ Kick ass

Brees POV

When the morning came, no one felt like cleaning up. But still, people were probably tortured to do it. Luckily, me and Cai weren't those people. I hadn't told Cai about our mum, i saw no point in worrying her. I was in fact not thinking about her at all, i was thinking about the chariot race. If it was going to be as i pictured it to be, it was gonna be awesome. I already had plans to make sudden friends with the Hephaestus cabin (i could tweak some strings with Nico) and using some awesome powers make a sweet chariot. The only thing was, i needed to know how many people on a team.

When everyone in camp had dragged themselves out of bed, and every last piece of pizza had been chucked into the trash, people gathered around a scroll pinned up on the wall of the big house. It told everyone about the chariot race and that we had to be ready in two day's time to get to the tracks. All types of tricks allowed etc. Have to be in teams of two.

That was great. I nudged Cai. We shared a grin. The Stoll brothers high fived, and the Hephaestus cabin grinned. I knew that the Hermes and Hephaestus cabin would be the real competition.  Me and Cai left the crowd and ran back to the Poseidon cabin. 

" OK, we need to plan." I said.

" Agreed."

" Right, well my chariot goes along the lines of steal stuff from Hephaestus cabin, use awesome weapons, lots of smoke, lots of fire, a hellhound, dramatic stuff and tuns of paint."

" Yeah, my idea is pretty much the same."

I started to sketch up some designs while Cai got different ideas from the cabins. I was able to persuade Argyros to be our 'horse' while Cai got Erebus to be our eyes in the sky. We were both able to get a tone ass size of  wood ( Cai used her earth power while i chopped it). I summoned clay with the Hades power, we both molded it into a Trident shape and nailed it to the front of the chariot we'd created. Cai found some extra strong reigns that would hold high voltage while i found shells and various bones. After a surprisingly short time of a day and a bit, we had a vehicle of awesomeness.

It had a trident on the front with real water swirling constantly around it. Shells were around the outside, and bones made the shapes of animals that ran around the chariot. The background was gold with eagles on either side of the trident. And that wasn't it.The wheels were also gold with electricity fizzling around the spokes. The reigns were silver and they also had electricity on them. This meant that no one could take over our chariot or brake our wells without eating 1000 vaults. only only we could hold them then. Argyros was in wolf size ( so he wouldn't kill anyone ) and Erebus had silver patterns on his hooves.

We were gonna win this.

Javelins were placed through the sides of the chariot so no one could ram us without getting killed

There were only a few things we needed. mechanisms.

" Right, we both go into the Hephaestus cabin and weave through the traps here, here and here" Said Cai, pointing at a stolen map " both of us get these cogs and stuff, and come out."

We ran up to the Hephaestus cabin. No one in sight. We easily got through the traps and grabbed the things that we needed. We were half way back when disaster struck.

" Hey Bree."

It was Nico.

" Oh, hey."

I noticed Cai dart outside. At least she'd gotten away.

" Well, i just wanted to say that i'm sorry if i sprang that news on you last night" He said " I hope you didn't take it too bad and don't think me evil, i mean bad, for doing that."

" Noo" I said looking for a way out.

" Good." He breathed.

" We're friends."

" Oh yeah, friends." He sounded disappointed.

" Nico, i'm so sorry."

" For what?"

" This."

I punched him in the face. He fell back onto a table and didn't move. I ran out and met Cai.

" Why did you do that he was just talking to you?" She asked.

" I saw no way out and he was blocking my path."

" True."

" Well we have the things that we need, lets set it up."

We wired all of the things into our chariot.

We were ready.

********* Time skip ***********

I pulled the chariot onto the starting position and looked at the other teams. Percy and Annabitch, the Stoll brothers, two Apollo kids, Clarisse and a friend, two Demeter kids, Beckendorf and...Nico? I guess he was needed for Hades power. 

Everyone caught their breath as we came in. Erebus swooped to the sky's and Argyros roared for effect.

Cai took the reigns ( i'd had to tell Argyros that she was allowed to tell him what to do) while i got the buttons ready and grabbed a set of knives.

" You are so dead." I whispered to Annabitch. She glared at me while Percy admired our creation.

" Teams, take to the tracks" Yelled Chiron " remember that ever trick is allowed, and the winner gets the golden laurels. On your marks, get set, GO!!!!"

We were going to kick ass.