Chapter 17 ~ Quest time

Bree's POV:

I woke up and heard water running. I glanced over to my sisters bed and noticed she was already awake. Guess she must be in the shower then. I turned over and looked at the golden laurels that lay on the dresser. I couldn't help but grin. Annabeth had refused to speak to us ever again (which we saw as an added bonus) and we kept having to avoid Beckendorf who looked like he would never look a Pegasus in the eye again. A groan came from the bed below me. I climbed down the ladder and prodded Percy in the stomach.

" Poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke." I repeated every time i touched him. Eventually he gave in, and literally dragged himself out of bed.

I waited until he had dragged himself into the nearest chair before i said " So-there's-talk-about-a-quest-that-might-happen."

Percy glanced at me " Ther's talk that the master lightning bolt of Zeus has been stolen. There could be a quest to go and get it back. Plus the gods think i stole it."

" Awesome. Did you?"

" No."

" Awwwwwww."

" Chiron is most likely to hold a council for all of the cabin leaders."

" Who's Poseidon cabin leader?"

" Me."

" Then who's Zeus and Hades cabin leader?"

" I don't know about that. Chiron will sort it out."

I hopped that meant it was me and Cai. I really wanted to know all of the juicy stuff.

" Percy."

" Mmmm.

" How old are you?"

" About a day older than you."

" Cool."

" Why do you ask?"

" I don't want a majorly older brother. Like one that's several years older."

He looked down.

" Sorry " I said " That came out bad."

" I know what you mean."

Cai walked out of the bathroom. She had sunshine coloured, long hair today. There were small braids on the top layer of her hair along with black streaks. She wore her usual high tops and shorts with an orange camp t-shirt. The t-shirt was low at the back, so her tattoos were visible. " What were you talking 'bout?"

" I'll leave that to Percy." I said.

The shower was cold. I didn't really mind that, though. I got out and pulled on some black shorts, a slightly worn orange t-shirt, my leather jacket (plus knives) and hunting boots. If you'd been outside the bathroom at this point, you'd hear alot ot cursing about high boots. I looked in the mirror. A short haired pale girl looked back. I guessed the late nights were taking their toll. What should i look like today? Something practical  but awesome. If i was going to represent a cabin, awesomeness was needed. A whole chunk of it.

Concentrating on what i wanted to look like, i closed my eyes for a few seconds, and shook my head. When i opened my eyes, i couldn't help admiring myself. I had short pixie cut style black hair. Some pieces were longer, though, and these ones were braided with electricity running down them. Feathers were on the ends of them. I had a regular shaped face (not fat or pointy) with my regular electric blue eyes. They were outlined with black eyeliner. You could say that i was a little taller than normal. My skull tattoo looked a little brighter.

Rocking the Hadeus look.

Me and Cai left Percy to get ready and sat down on a nearby rock.

" So " Said Cai " I think i've figured out all of our powers."

" Go on."

" Me equals Hades, Zeus, Poseidon, changing appearance, earth ( from Demeter ), and wolf. You equal Hades, Zeus, Poseidon, changing appearance, changing into animals, and controlling rocks and minerals ( only small minerals)."

" How did you figure rocks out, and where do i get that power from?" I asked.

" Remember that time when we went into the woods, and found a massive pit full of stone that had been dug up?"

" Yup."

" Well the rocks always seemed to be moving towards you. At first i thought it was the wind, but now i realize it wasn't. I also did some background research, and found that the god of rocks below the earth, isn't a god."

" Whatttttttt?"

" She's called Gaia, mother of earth. That's where you get the rock power from."

I heard a clopping sound. It was Chiron.

" Are you coming to the council?" He looked down on us.

" What cabins are we representing?" We both asked.

Chiron looked at us. His eyes fell on my black hair and eyeliner, and Cais golden hair. " Lets say that for today, Bree is Hades and Cai is Zeus. You're both blessed by those gods, so i think you can represent them both. Depending on your moods."

We trudged over to the big house. Everyone that represented a cabin was there. Beckendorf for Hephaestus, Percy for Poseidon, Annabeth for Athena, Clarisse for Ares, Luke for Hermes, Selena for Aphrodite, Castor for Dionysus, and us. Everyone watched us come in.

Chiron started off. " Some of you may already know that the matter in hand is Zeus's master bolt. I can confirm that it has been stolen,"

Everyone looked around the room, as though expecting someone to jump out and say " It was me." and waving around the master bolt.

 " Percy Jackson is accused."

All eyes turned to Percy.

" But, that is not true. Percy has only known about our world for a matter of weeks. It could not have been him. The gods are too, sorry Zeus, ignorant to see this."

Thunder rumbled in the distance.

" It has been decided that there will be a quest. A quest to reclaim the bolt and take it to the gods before the winter solstice. But there is a problem. Usually, we would only send three demigods, as it is an ancient number, but recent events (and messages from several gods) has changed this rule. There will be five to go on this quest."

No one could hold it any longer. Voices burst out through the room as people wondered aloud about who would be chosen to go on this quest.

" Percy Jackson, this quest revolves around you. You must go. You can choose two friends to accompany you."

I had a horrible feeling that one of those two was Annabitch.

" The other two have no choice, being blessed by all of the big three" (and Zeus will have our heads if they don't go) was probably also what he meant." They must go. Bree and Cai Jackson."

It was quest time.