Chapter 5 ~ What The Hell Is A Half-Blood?

Amy P.O.V:

I wriggled on my chicken pony - sorry - Pegasus, getting comfortable. It is practically horse-riding, which is quite easy. I Lent forward, whispering gentle things in my Pegasus' ear. It neighed, then flew upwards, then went into a nose dive. I held my arms up, loving the feeling of adrenaline I had. When I felt we were getting low, I pulled lightly against its neck, signalling it to level out again. It rose in front Percy and Annabeth, just in time to see them looking around, worried that I might of died. I turned, so that my front was facing the back of the Pegasus, whose name was Shadow, and began to laugh loudly. Their faces! I wish I had a camera to take a pictu- OWWWWWWWWWWWWW! my head! That hurt! What the fudge is flying this high, yet is that heavy? I turned to see  Polaroid camera hovering next to me. Well, that's.... not... normal. I took it and almost instantly its normal weight returned, so it naturally felt heavier. I took a picture and pocketed the camera and the picture. I was still laughing when they noticed I hadn't died. Further behind them, I could see Breana smirking and laughing, as she sped up to join me. I leant back and put my feet up on the back of Shadow, and took pictures. The vies was amazing from up here. I took several of Bree and Percy, but none of Annabeth. She seemed familiar, but in a bad way. I heard Percy Shout over the wind, telling us to lower.

After we landed, we were ambushed. Literally. Breana and I were held by our hair with a knife digging into our necks. Jesus Christ, what is it with people and necks? I will never know. I glanced at Breana, who glanced at me. I nodded ever so slightly, it was practically unnoticeable. She returned the favour, and with that, we launched our elbows backwards, using our other hands to propel them, into the imposers stomach, and when they double over in pain, We turn and jam our knees against their nose, then headbutted them. They fell over backwards, unconscious. " Serves you right," We both say. " Ambushing a girl like us. We know your strategy, go for the pretty ones, because they can't easily know any defence. no, you'd think they'd attack you with blush and lipstick? Nuh-uh! STICK A STRAW IN THAT JUICE BOX AN SUCK IT, CYCLOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Once we had landed safely (minus the monster cyclops') we could take in the view. I looked around, perpleed at what I saw. What looked like a summer camp lay behind a thin shield. Not a shield that looks like a large plate of steel, held by ancient soldiers, but more like a force field that shimmers in the sun. It was beautiful. Then i noticed the place it was coming from. A massive pine tree growing on the border. It wasn't just the force field that was wierd, the camp was not looking normal. Kids in armour were walking around. ARMOUR???????? What normal person casually walks around in ancient style armour looking all 'hey, i'm cool'? And how do can they still look gorgeous in it? That was the strangest thing.

When I heard someone clear their throat, I turned around. Annabeth was stood there, wit an annoyed expression on her face. " If you've finished, then maybe we could see Chiron?" She spoke with gritted teeth. She stormed ahead of us, Percy trailing behind like a lost puppy. " Someones on their period." We stated in unison, then quickly followed, Not wanting to get lost in such a vast place.

As we walked people began staring and whispering. I quickly darted behind a bush, dragging Bree by her arm. " Ow-oomf-jay-sus!" she said as brambles caught her face. I told her to change our appearance, as to not attract attention. " Excuse me but we can only change nose shape, and i don't wanna look like a duck for the rest of the day!" Bree exclaimed." I'm still sure it's a joke. Maybe someone pored whats it acid in our faces whan we were little! So no WAY!"

I glared at her. We always stopped to figure out the face shape thing. See, whenever we get angry or we just feel like it, our features can change. Noses can lengthen or ears can sharpen. But i didn't want to go into 'camp' with stares on my back everyehere we went. " Just do it now, or... I'll... punch you in the face and make you look like a duck permanently!"

Breana frowned. I winsed. We were fairly equally mached in the fight, but i still didn't want to risk it. " Are you on your way or what?" Percy yelled. Bree rolled her eyes and and a look of consentration crossed her face. I did the same. But it wasn't just our noses that changed. The person that stood in Breanas place had spikey black hair, pointed face, red lips, black eye-liner and was a little bit taller than usual. Bright blue eyes. That's how i knew it was still Bree. 

Breana widened her eyes, then looked at me. I looked at me. Red hair was what i saw. It went to my shoulders like flames. I wasn't sure what else i looked like, but flaming red hair was good enough for me. " What the hell??????" That was all we managed to say. But what the hell. We walked out of the bushes anyway.

" Chironnnn!" Percy said. I have no clue what was going on in his mind at that moment, but he ran ahead. We passed people who stared at us. So much for inconspicuious. We reached a farm house. A pony burst out. Scratch that last. A pony man. What were they called? " Centaur." Breana breathed. I'd had enough. " WHAT IN THE NAME OF FLAMING GOD IS GOING ON???!!!" The centaur cantered over.

" I'm sorry about this, but could you keep your voice down, and follow me into the big house." That wasn't a question, and i knew orders when i heared them. So into the farm house we went. " What's happening?" Breana asked Percy.

" You attracted three furies and changed your appearence. Your a Half blood my friend." What the hell is a Half-blood???