Chapter 23 ~ Meduuuuuuuuuuuuusa

Bree P.O.V

I wouldn't have said that my ideal entrance would be through a broken down toilet door, but it still felt like we were moving in slow motion. The hiss woman turned around, and i instinctively ran my finger over my trident tattoo.

" We're just going to woods again, i think i dropped something." I said in what i hopped was a worried tone of voice. Annabitch, Percy, and Grover turned to look at us. The boys expressions were groggy and stupid. So, ya know, were they in a trance or not (wink wink).

" Oh it's OK dears, i'll get it." Said the woman.

Major warning.

She stood up, but tripped over my cleverly placed can, and fell to the floor. Percy ran to help her up, but me and Cai ran out of the door. " She'll do something horrible to them." Breathed Cai.

" Not without us. Any monster knows that to bring in your food, you need bait." I whispered.

Cai gulped." OK, then she'll probably bring them out here. We need to stay within distance to get a view of the dinner, but we might need to act fast, we don't know what this monster is like. She could be one of those impatient types that gives you five minutes to save the world.

Well here goes.

I looked around at the surroundings. The place we'd stopped at was covered in bushes and trees. I looked at the statues more closely. The closest one was a small boy. A football lay at his feet. And i mean a real one, not stone. That seemed odd. Very odd. Why would a boy of stone have a football of material? I crouched down at his feet, and picked up the football. Cai joined me. There was just one problem. The football was attached to the boy. 

" What the hell???..." Whispered Cai.

That pretty much summed it up. There must be something linked to this. I reached into the deepest corners of my brain. Stone, stone, stone... Then it hit me.

" Oh... shit." I said.

" What?" Said Cai " What have you realised?"

" Think about it. Stone statues surround us, all completely life like. Too life like. This boy was made with a football attached to his foot. Or rather, was killed with a football attached to his foot. To be more specific, frozen, into stone."

" Damn it." Said Cai.

" I know right, how many people stop at road side dinners?" I almost laughed, cruel, i know. I motioned to go back to the dinner. We reached there safely ( no crazed snake lady ) and parted a few bushes to get a clear view of our friends/family ( brother ). 

There before us they sat, looking confused. 

Shucking idiots.

I couldn't stand being on the side lines any more. I crept out into the clearing. I could see out of the corner of my eye, Cai motioning for me to get back. No way. I looked for the snake lady. No sign. I smiled. Duh, she wasn't gonna come out with a strawberry 'shake. I walked up in front of them. 

" Well looky here." I said in an American voice.

Annabeth looked up. " They won't believe me, i can't get them to move." I realised that Annabeth knew what was going on, which was a shame as i'd been looking forward to punching her later and giving her the guilt talk. Shame...

" Damn it morons, get your asses up and move." Grover looked up blankly.

" Really didn't want to do this." I smacked Percy and Grover around the face. Ok, i lied, i'd really wanted to do that.

Percy looked up at me, but it wasn't with a blank expression " What is wrong with you?"

" Don't you get it? Snap out of it. You're her prisoner."

For the first time in the past hour, The look he gave me fit the situation. " What do you mean?" He whispered in a panicked voice.

" She's a frigging monster loon."

Realisation dawned on his face.

" She's gonna notice that something is wrong, she'll sense you're not in a trance, she's not damn stupid." I ran a hand in my hair and looked at my reflection in the window. I could hardly see it as the window had been grimed up, but i could tell my hair was now really short and bright green. Then again it hit me. The idiot that i am.

Reflection. Changing power.

" OK Percy, Annabitch," ( she glared at me but Percy gave her a look ) " I need you to take Grover to Cai in the bushes, from there, tell cai to come to me." They nodded and i watched them move off. Cai then sprinted out.

" Right, those lot are frikin' idiots at acting, plus they can't change appearance."

" Right." Cai said.

" You and me need to change into the role of Percy and Grover."

" Why Percy and Grover? Why not Annabeth?"

" Snake lady knows Annabeth was on edge, it'll look better if we say she ran off as she had suspicions, that's more realistic." I said confidently.

" Agreed."

" Now then, tax being Percy."

" Oh really, but i can't grow horns."

" Grover wears a cap."

" Damn you."

I turned away from her and focused on Percy. Black messy hair. Check. Sea green eyes. Check. Slightly taller. Check. When i looked at my reflection, i saw the spitting image of Percy Jackson. The only problem was, i was wearing Shorts ( that now felt way too tight ) no offence Percy ( and he'd been wearing jeans ). At least we'd both been wearing camp half-blood t-shirts, and both been wearing jackets. Hopefully she didn't know the difference between my leather jacket and Percy's whatever jacket. But the shorts would have to do. I looked at Cai.

I laughed out loud. She was the spitting image of goat boy. Curly brown hair, brownish skin, and dark brown eyes. She had also been wearing shorts ( though slightly longer than mine ) and again, Grover had been wearing jeans. And for a good reason. He needed to shave. Being a satyr and all. I laughed so hard i cried. Grover Cai  glared at me. Lets get on with it.

" Right."

We sat on the bench and waited.

" Where's she?"

As if on Que, she came gliding in. " Where's Annabeth?"

" I don't know why she would run, said she'd realised something." I said in a dreamy voice. Maybe a little too dreamy.

But she baught it. " Oh, so sorry to hear it."

I looked at Cai and nodded.

" We'd like to get some water."

" Of course dear." She walked of and came back in the blink of and eye. " There dear."

She handed it to me. I looked at it and put a shocked  expression on my face. " Oh my gods, it's Athena, her symbol." 

The effect this had was instantaneous. Medusa threw off her veil and revealed her many snaked hair. " Cover your eyes!" I yelled.

" That woman. She made me this. You see it." She hissed. And she rabbed the cup of water.

So sad she saw her reflection. It was over so quickly. She shrieked and threw down the cup. Water flew everywhere. But it was too late. Slowly, a grey rock spread over her face. She moved towards us. " You idiots, what have you done?!" And there she was. The stone Medusa. Defeated by water. Oh yeah.

See that's me. Master of deception.