Chapter 13 ~ The Last Airbender?

Cai's POV:

As we ran off into the woods, I felt as if someone was watching us. Lots of someones. As we jogged everything seemed so quiet. There were no birds hooting, no leaves rustling in the gentle wind, no crickets chirping- nothing. It unnerved me, although my sister was perfectly at ease. We reached my make shift training centre. We went our separate ways, her to knife throwing and I to archery. I was confused as my necklace had exploded, and had left a chain with a dog tag that read " This is your weapon. You have several types of arrows, to deal with all types of monsters. Also, they are infinite. To anyone else, this will appear as a simple dog tag with your name, age and blood type (for mortals). If you ever lose this necklace, or the bow or all the arrows or quiver, it will return to you. - Your awesome cousins Apollo and Artemis." I knew immediately who had written it. Apollo. Who would be arrogant enough to put that? Him obviously. I gave a light chuckle, which earned me a strange look from Bree. Her eyebrows were furrowed together, her lips were pursed as she shook her head and rolled her eyes, seeing what i was doing. I checked all my arrows, seeing ones that freeze on sight, and ones with Stygian iron or celestial bronze. I got a normal arrow and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath in, then lined my arrow with my bow. I let the breath out, then pulled another in as I pulled the string back and let go. I heard it whistle through the wind, and the faint clunk as it lodges itself into wood. I was scared that i had not hit it, So I opened my eyes slowly. It had hit dead centre and gone through one of my previous arrows, successfully splitting it in two. I squealed and did a happy dance as i mentally said thank you to Apollo and Artemis. I challenged my sister to a dagger fight. She happily complied as she looked bored. I suggested afterwards we could go to the blindfolded area and practice, and she perked up. I grabbed my favourite dagger from my belt. It was steel, so it wouldn't harm her like others would. It had a Gold handle, which faded into blue, then faded into black. On the end was a skull with a lightening bolt through its eye, and a trident through the other. I got into my starting position, waiting for the timer to go off to signal us to start. It started.

It was a little scary not knowing where i was. The blindfold was on tight, and i didn't trust what weapon Bree would use. Plus in our book, rules were made to be broken. Bree could right now be behind me, poised to strike. I hit myself. Shut the hell up and focus little annoying nagging voice in my brain. I shut my eyes off, leaving my ears more alert than ever. I felt the earth beneath my feet. Wait a second. The earth. When i'd been told that my father was Poseidon, i'd thought about how i was always closer to the earth. I shifted and reached down to touch the ground. Pat pat pat. Sweet. I listened closer. The sound of hunting boots, probably new. Black, and a bit of leather . But i also heard something else. Hands on the ground. I realized i was hearing Bree, and the movements she made through the earth. The sounds moved around me in a circular fashion, as if she was still in lion mode, circling her prey. I stood up again. This time, i felt the earth run through me. I heard the leaves rustle. A tugging sensation pulled at my gut. I then imagined the air as it twirled through the undergrowth, tangling up vines. I couldn't resist it any longer. I ripped off my blindfold.

Bree was still blindfolded, and that made it a whole lot harder to fight thorns and gale force winds. It seemed that by accident, i'd summoned the air power. But that wasn't what i was interested in. The vines were moving exactly how i imagined them. Chasing Bree.

The trouble with the winds was Bree could control them too, but we were both still learning so it probably wouldn't look as cool to anyone else as it did to me. All my sister had to do was wave her hand and winds came back to my direction, making me move towards her every so often. I looked at my twin.

HOLY MOTHER OF EARTH!!!

I looked again. what i'd first thought was a weird helmet, was a snout. A wolfs snout. She still had her own body and the rest of her face, but it was like she was part way through a transformation to animal. So that's how she dodged the thorns. I put the blindfold back on, and relied on my other senses. With the blindfold covering my eyes, I had to feel the way the air was disturbed, the slight crackle of leaves and twigs as weight was put on them. As I shouted out, I heard a slight rustle to my right. The bush, I thought. " No powers! That includes no changing into animals/monsters, Bree!" I called out. I crouched down as if trying to sense something. Suddenly, I swung my leg in a circular motion, sweeping it around and successfully tripping Bree over. Quick as a flash, I was sat on her stomach with her hands pinned above her head and a dagger against her throat. " I believe I win. Do you admit defeat? Good." I said as she nodded.I got off of her, then offered her my hand . She got up using my hand as leverage, then dusted herself off. A bell rung in the distance. We looked at eachother, then screamed in unison. " Food!!!!!!!" We quickly gathered our things then ran in the direction of the Dining Pavillion. There were two people outside, dressed in tuxedo's. I asked why they were dressed so smartly, and theirs reply was that there was a fancy dinner going on. Apparently it happens every year, on this day. I looked in, and sure enough there were people dressed in fancy dresses and tux's. " By the way, pictures are taken every year when you go in and Ones outside, in groups of friends afterwards! You have to have them taken, and best dressed win an ward and your picture foes into the big house!" One of them shouted after us as we walked off. When we got to the Poseidon cabin, Percy was in there, trying to tie his tie. I smiled and said " Hey there Sexy!" He turned around, startled. He laughed when he noticed it was me. " Shouldn't you be at that dinner?" He asked.

" I need to get dressed," I replied. "Here." I walked over to him, then tied his tie. I smiled, then he said, " I'll wait for you both, and I shall escort you, like a proper gentleman!" I laughed at his failed posh accent, then jumped into the shower. I took two minutes, then when i got out, I used Zeus' powers to dry me and my long hair. I changed to my normal hairstyle, then took away the blue streaks. I curled it using my curling tongs, and left the top part of my hair straight. I wrapped a towel around me, then stepped out of the bathroom. Percy had sat on his bed, and covered his eyes with his hands. I went to my bedroom, then into my walk-in wardrobe. I got out some underwear, then a strapless bra. I went over to the dress section, suddenly thankful of Aphrodite's gift. ' I told you it would come in handy, didn't I?' a feminine voice in my head whispered.

'Aphrodite? What colour dress should I wear?' I asked in my head, picturing my hair clearly. It was a half up half down style. The top half was in a bow, and the bottom half was curled down to the bottom of my back. ' Blue, and I strongly suggest the dress 13 in from the left.' She replied. I put the dress on ( See right) and added some makeup to my face. A little concealer and a light blush, followed by mascara and winged eyeliner and light blue eye shadow. As a finishing touch, I put a light pink lipstick on my lips and a clear gloss over it. I stepped out just as Bree stepped out. I could have laughed. We were wearing the same dress and same makeup except her blue was dark, like a royal blue. " You can uncover your eyes now." We said in Unison. As he uncovered his eyes, his expression went from embarrassment to pure shock. " Y-you l-look.... Wow. You look stunning, water girls!" He stuttered out. We smiled as he got over his... Surprise? He held out his arms, inviting us to take them. " Damn! I forgot my shoes!" I exclaimed. I ran over to my wardrobe, then bent down. I had these gorgeous heels that had a 5 inch heel. They were silver, and had a large strap running up the foot, and little ones running around the foot. On the outside, it had a silver flower over the fastening. I sat down on the ground and put them on. I focused, and felt the tug behind my navel as I used air to push me up from the ground. I made sure I had my contacts in, and took Percy's arm. We walked to the Dining Pavilion. I noticed my sister had the same shoes as me too! Freaky.

As we reached the Pavilion, I noticed there was a photographer near the entrance. We walked over to him, and we stood in a position for him. Percy was in between Bree and I, his arms around our waists. We stood with our outer arm on our hips, and our inner arms around Percy's waist, as if giving him a one armed hug. We all smiled as the camera flashed multiple times. The man nodded at us, telling us we could go through. The pavilion looked so... Different. It was the same, yet.... Different in a way. Everyone was in fancy clothes and it seemed as if we were at prom. We sat down at the Poseidon table, and there was a menu! It had: Spaghetti Bolognese with a side of garlic dough balls, Sausages with mash, and a side of peas,sweet corn and carrots, Chicken/Beef Sunday roast or Salad. I ordered Spaghetti Bolognese with blue coke. Bree and Percy ordered the same as me, and it popped up. I offered 2 dough balls and some spaghetti to Poseidon, Zeus and Hades. As we ate, we got to know each other by taking it in turns to ask questions. Percy started.

" What's your full name? Mine is just Perceus Jackson.

" Perceus?! Oh, how I can tease you. Mine is Caielle Amycus Aquarius Jackson." I said with a slight scrunched up face.

" She has a better name. Breanna Baernivia Blu Jackson."

********************************** TIME SKIP***********************

We had already finished our meals, as had everyone else. Chiron tapped a knife to a goblet calling for quiet. The effect was almost instantaneous. " Now, for the singing contest! We have put all your names into a hat, and Mr.D will randomly choose two people to have a sing off. I, Mr.D and Luke Castellan will judge. Now, Mr. D, If you would." He spoke, holding the hat out to the God of wine. Dionysus spoke into the microphone this time. " Oh, this ought to be good. Annabeth Chase and...... Caielle Jackson!" I shared a glance with Bree, then smirked. All my old friends used to call me the goddess of singing, although I'm not that good. I stood up, and heard a few gasps around the room. I walked up to the stage and waited patiently for Annabitch. She decided to sing Toxic by Britney Spears. She got an 8 from Luke, a 6 from Chiron and a 3 from Mr.D.

The song I chose was ' I Gotta Go My Own Way' from high school musical 2'.

And i started to sing (praying to Zeus it would go well).

Daughters of Poseidon; The Powers Within #Wattys2014On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara