Chapter Thirteen

"Bostyn, wake up!" Ava shook me to wake me up. "We're here! We're actually here!" Her voice was groggy, I was assuming she had just woken up, too.

"Single file to get off, please." One of the flight attendants ordered as she stood by the door.

"You up, Bostyn?" Shawn said as he stretched and yawned. His hair was all messed up from sleeping, and I was assuming mine was, too.

"I'm up." I said. "But barely."

"Same." Shawn said as he shook Steve.

"Ready to get off?" Our Italian teacher, Miss Luisa asked us.

I look from Ava to Shawn. "Yeah, I think we are." I said as I grabbed my carry on bag and followed Ava into the aisle.

The whole class circled around outside of our hotel after we got our bags and took a taxi here. "Alright, I am assuming that you guys are jet lagged and exhausted, so  I will set our first meeting for one pm, meet out here in the garden in front of the hotel." Miss Luisa instructed us. "I can hand out your room keys and you can either explore a little or catch up on some sleep, it is up to you."

Ava turned to me. "Sleep."

I nodded in agreement. "Yes."

"You guys exploring or sleeping?" Shawn leaned over and asked me as our teacher handed us our room key.

"Bostyn and Ava."

"Thank you." Ava and I said in sync.

"Us too." Shawn moved his finger from himself to Steve. "Guess we'll meet back up at one."

I yawned. "Yup."

"Bostyn, ready?" Ava asked as she stood by the door.

"Yes." I said as I slowly jogged to catch up to her.

-

"I'm hoping you're all well rested." Miss Luisa's voice was loud, but not loud enough to stick out when two-hundred people around us were carrying on conversations. "Today is the only day that I ask you guys stick around with me. Just until four-thirty."

"Four-thirty?" Ava asked, looking disgusted.

"Calm down, that's only three and a half hours, then we get six days to ourselves." I told her.

"Still." She said, not convinced. "I don't want to follow around Miss Luisa like a lost puppy."

"Then don't." Steve put his left hand on my shoulder. I gave him a disgusted look and shoved his arm off my shoulder.

"Don't touch me." I rudely told him.

"Oh, my bad." He put his hands up in surrender. "Queen Bost over here has to get her way."

"Just shut up, okay?" I asked, seeing that Ava looked super uncomfortable as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

Steve saw Ava as she switched feet and smiled. "Hey, Ava."

Ava looked like she was ready to die. "Steve, hey." She said through her clenched teeth.

"This way, kids!" Miss Luisa said as she started to walk away, the sea of high school students following her.

"Well, I guess i'll see you ladies later." Steve smiled as he ran to catch up with Shawn and Jason, another kid from our grade.

"Keep up, students." Miss Luisa shouted. "We have a lot to see in a little time, unless you want to give up your free day tomorrow to follow me around." I swear everyone walked a little faster after she said that.