Chapter Nineteen

Ava's heels clicked from the bathroom to right in front of me. "I can't do this." She sighed.

"Yes you can." I held her shoulders. "I promise."

"You are so lucky!" She sighed.

"Me? Lucky?" I asked her.

"Yes you."

"Why do you think i'm lucky?"

"Because, Bost, you have your whole life planned out in front of you."

"I have no idea what i'm going to do with my life!" I argued.

"Yes you do, you just deny it." Ava sat down.

"I don't deny anything."

"Well that's a lie." Ava laughed. "We all know that you are going to graduate top of our class, then you will go off to the University of Victoria and he will go to the University of British Columbia and when you both graduate you'll get a house together, then get engaged, then get married and have kids and you are just so lucky."

"None of that is true." I shook my head.

"You know it is."

"I know it's not! You just made that up in your head."

"If you say so." She went to fix her eyeliner on her right eye.

"I do say so." I stood behind her and she looked up to see me behind her in the mirror before going back to her eyeliner. "I don't even like Shawn like that, we're just friends."

"No you're not." She rolled his eyes. "Don't lie, you don't mind the idea of that being your future."

"Shawn is a great guy." Was all I said.

"No one said he wasn't."

As soon as I opened my mouth I heard yelling outside.

Ava and I rushed to the window to open it. "You guys coming or not?"

Ava and I turned to each other. "Jason."

"You guys are leaving right now?" I yelled back down.

"Yeah, we want to get food before we go, don't want to drink on an empty stomach." Steve yelled back up from behind Jason.

"Steve dude, yell a little louder, I don't think Miss Luisa heard you!" Jason hit the back of his head.

Steve attempted to smooth away the hair that Jason had just smacked up. "You guys coming or not?"

"Not." Ava shouted.

"Don't need to yell, Ava." Shawn yelled back, all three boys laughed. Ava shook her head and turned away, looking for her heels.

"We will catch up with you guys at Electricco or whatever." I told them.

"Why though?" Shawn asked.

"We aren't hungry." I shrugged. "What time do you guys want to meet there?"

"One am, that gives us an hour to eat." A street lamp turned on behind them, showing their faces more clearly.

"Great, that gives us an hour to get ready before we meet up with Ricardo." I said as I was about to close the window. "Well, before Ava meets up with Ricardo."

"Ricardo?" Steve asked.

"Don't let your jealousy show, Stevie." Jason hit the back of his legs.

"Not jealous, just curious." Steve quickly said. "Actually it doesn't matter, are you going to meet up with us at the club since Ava's meeting up with Richard."

"Not even close." Ava interrupted, mascara in her hand as she peeked out the window.

"Pretty close." Steve shrugged.

"Anyways, meet us in the blue room VIP area, Bostyn." Shawn hit Jason and Steve's backs. "Let's go."