Chapter Fourteen

"Man am I thankful that it's only two people per room." I said to Ava as I plopped down on the one twin bed.

"Yeah because the beds, and the rooms are tiny!" Ava said as she patted her own twin bed. "Okay tell me if i'm paranoid, but did dust just come up as I patted that bed?" She asked me.

I tilted my head at her. "You're paranoid!"

Before we were both finished laughing there was a knock on our door. "I'll get it." I said as I got up and passed Ava. I opened up the door and saw no one was there. I then stepped out to look around, as I stepped I heard a crunch under my foot, but saw no one roaming the hallways.

I looked down to see the crunching sound came from a piece of yellow hotel notepad paper. I bent down to pick it up and saw some words scribbled across the paper. "Rose Cafe at 11? -Shawn" I smiled at the fact that he passed a note under our door, rather than just asking me to my face. I saw a tiny arrow in the corner of the page, pointing towards the back. "Its right off of the main drag, Ava is welcome to come too."

"What's taking you so long?" Ava asked from behind me.

"We got an invite!" I smiled as I shut the door and shook the paper in front of her face.

"From who? To where?" She asked.

"From Shawn, to the Rose Cafe." I smiled.

"The cafe that has the giant rose sign?" Ava asked. "Right off the main drag?"

"No I think that was the Tulip Cafe." I said, sarcastically. "Yes, that cafe, Ava." I laughed.

"Geez, just asking!"

"We need to leave in like fifteen minutes, are you just wearing your clothes from today?" I asked her as I looked at the clock.

"I think so, if you are. Are you?"

I looked down at my clothes, then shrugged. "Yeah."

"Alright, me too." Ava smiled.

"Hey," I said as I sat back down on my bed, facing Ava. "We never talked about earlier."

"Earlier?" Ava asked.

"You know what I mean." I sighed.

"Oh right, with Steve?" She asked, pretending to be oblivious.

"Ding ding ding."

"Honestly I don't even care."

"Yes you do." I argued.

"Okay," She sighed as she looked me in the eyes. "Maybe a little."

"There's the truth I wanted." I grinned.

"Speaking of Steve, is he going to be there tonight?" She asked.

"Not sure." I shrugged. "Note didn't say."

-

"Long time no see." Shawn said as he saw Ava and I walking up the sidewalk towards the cafe. He opened up his arms so I could walk into them, giving him a tight hug. "How was your walk here?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Long, and a little chilly, but not bad."

"Hey Ave." Shawn smiled as he waved at Ava. She said hi back as she shivered. "Lets get you guys inside, it's warmer in there."

Ava and I followed Shawn into the cafe. Inside I saw Jason smiling and waving. "Just in time, your hot chocolates just got here." His black hair was almost covering his left eye, and the green lights glowed on his olive skin.

"Thanks." I smiled as he slid my drink to me.

"Steve is in the bathroom." Shawn announced, looking at me, then Ava. He then mouthed a sorry to both of us, Ava just shrugged and sipped her hot chocolate.