Chapter Twenty

"What if he doesn't show up?" Ava asked me, nervous.

"Ava, we've only been here for like ten minutes, don't worry, he'll show." I reassured her.

"You can go meet up with the boys, I can handle myself." She said as she continued to look around. "I don't want to make you wait around with me, this is boring."

"I don't mind." I smiled. "I'd prefer to know you're having a fun time too before I try to."

"You're the best." Ava hugged me. "But really, you can go."

I looked up and saw a boy standing behind Ava. "Ava?"

Ava turned quickly. "Ricardo!" She grinned.

"Shall we go to the yellow room?" He asked.

"I think i'm going to go." I tapped Ava's arm as I walked away.

"See you at the hotel?" Ava asked me.

"Yes." I smiled.

I turned away and walked towards the bright blue sign that said "blue room".

"Hello miss, looking for the blue room?" A man asked. "English, correct?"

I cleared my throat to speak. "Yes, to both questions."

"Right through here." He said as he released the red velvet rope and let me through.

"Thank you." I said as I walked through the curtains. A popular Martin Garrix song from last year was blaring throughout the room, people drinking around me. I looked out onto the huge dance floor that was changing neon colors every few seconds.

"Excuse me!" I yelled into a security guards ear as he bent down to hear me.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can you tell me where to find the VIP area?" I asked him.

"Right over there, through the roped area!" He pointed to a corner of the room where lights were blinking.

"Thank you so much." I said as I walked towards the area.

"Cura di ballare?" A man stepped in front of me and asked.

I looked at him blankly. "Huh?" I asked him, the only word I recognized was ballare, dance. "Oh, dance?" I asked.

The man shook his head yes and reached his hand out to me. "I'd love to, but I can't." I stepped around him and continued on my journey to the VIP area.

"Name?" A tall, heavy security guard asked me as he stood in front of the rope.

"Um," I stalled, not thinking my name was on there.

"She's with us!" Jason jumped up and came right by the rope.

"This young lady is with you guys?" He asked him.

"Yes." He nodded. The guard unlocked the rope clamp and ushered me through onto the platform. "Actually, add her name to the list, just in case she has to go in and out. Bostyn Jackson, B-O-S-T-Y-N Jackson." The guy wrote my name down on the paper and nodded to Jason. "Grazie." Jason said as he waved for me to follow him to the blue velvet couches.

"Join us!" Steve yelled. "Another vodka soda please!"

The waitress nodded and walked towards the bar area with her tray.

"I don't want anything to drink." I said sternly to Steve.

Steve lowered the dark sunglasses so that I could see his eyes. "Who said it was for you? Drinking fountains over there."

I rolled my eyes and sat down in between Steve and Shawn on the couch. "Can she get a Coke please?" Shawn asked the waitress as soon as she came back.

"Of course!" She grinned.

"Now tell me, how did you idiots get into the VIP area?" I asked them.

"Well, the waitress obviously has a crush on Shawn," Jason started to fill me in.

"Ayyyyeeee," Steve reached ouch and high-fived Shawn. "that's my boy, Shawny."

"So she told us she thinks we deserve VIP treatment, and boy was she right." Jason finished explaining and put his sunglasses back on.

"What's with the sunglasses?" I asked.

Shawn whipped another pair out of his pocket. "Stops people from talking to us."

"Also makes us look cooler, no girls say no to dancing with a shaded VIP." Steve's white smile looked extra shiny in the dark.

"Round five of finding girls to dance with?" Jason asked as he stood up.

"Hell yes!" Steve jumped up and leaped over the rope.

"Coming, Shawn?" Jason asked. "And Bostyn, you're a pretty girl, i'm sure there are several guys just waiting for you to ask them to dance."

"Maybe next round." I smiled.

"Fine." Jason sighed. "Shawn?"

"I think i'm going to sit out too." Shawn agreed with me.

As soon as the boys walked away Shawn turned to me. "Here, put your left hand out."

"Left hand?" I shouted over the music.

"Yes, left!" He yelled back.

"Sorry, kind of hard to hear you." I frowned.

I stuck my left hand out to Shawn and he pulled a sharpie out of his pocket. He drew a large X on my hand before he stuck the sharpie back in his pocket. "I know you don't drink, but just in case."

Shawn saw me as I looked down at the X on my hand. "It's so that they won't ID you, they put X's on all eighteen and over guests, but since we're only seventeen we had to X ourselves."