Chapter Twenty-Four

My phone started to buzz on my dash board as soon as I got back into the car after getting a drink at the gas station. A photo of Ava and I flashed on the screen.

"Ava, hey." I smiled as I answered her call.

"Bostyn where are you? Why aren't you at school today?" She asked.

"I don't feel very good."

"You're also not a very good liar. Spill." She demanded.

"Really, Ava, i'm just grabbing a drink before I head home."

"Whatever, you'll have to tell me sooner or later. You better be at school tomorrow, sick or not."

"I will be." I laughed. "Bye!"

I hung up the phone and started the car again. It was a few minutes until I pulled into the driveway and put the car in park, grabbing my box of donuts out of the passenger seat.

Before I even got onto the porch the door swung open. "Woah," He said as soon as he stepped out on to the porch and looked at me. "girl on the porch." He yelled into the house.

"Girl?" I heard a voice inside ask. "What's her name?"

"You got a name?" The boy with the shaggy blonde hair asked me.

"Yes, Bostyn." I told him.

"Like the bruins?" He asked me, a confused look on his face.

"Well yes, just spelled differently."

"Cool." He shook his head. "Her names Bostyn, and she's pretty." The boy smiled at me. "I have to head out, catch you later Shawn."

The blonde haired boy walked up to me. "And i'll hopefully see you later too." He grinned as he stuck his hand out for me to shake. "Logan."

"Nice to meet you." I said as I shook his hand.

"You too." He said as he walked to his car.

I heard someone running inside the house, then the door frantically swung open. "Bostyn?" Shawn asked, his jaw dropped.

"Surprise." I shrugged. "It's me."

"I thought you were never going to talk to me again." He leaned against the door frame.

"I considered." I switched my balance from my left foot to my right foot. "But were Bostyn and Shawn, we need each other."

Shawn smiled at me before looking at the box of donuts in my hand. "What are the donuts for? You hate donuts."

"But you love them." I said as I opened up the box to show him the donuts inside.

"Glazed, my favorite!" He said as he stepped onto the porch and grabbed them.

"You want to come in? Place is a mess but I promise it's not my mess."

"I would love to, but I can't."

"Why can't you?" Shawn asked, frowning.

"Promised your little sister i'd pick her up from school and get lunch with her before her soccer practice." I smiled. "Somebody has to since you're not there anymore."

"She always liked you more than me anyways."

"Not true." I said, smacking his arm. "You just tell yourself that"

"Don't you have school today?" Shawn asked, looking at his watch.

"I needed a day off." I told him.

"Well i'm glad you were able to fit me in your schedule."

"I should get going, I can't be late for Aaliyah." I smiled.

Shawn walked forward and gave me a hug before I went back to my car.

"Hey Bost?" Shawn called from the porch.

I rolled the window down. "Yeah?" I asked.

"I love the sweatshirt."

I looked down at the purple UBC crew next Shawn had sent me a while ago. "Me too." I smiled.

"Visit soon, okay?" Shawn said as I backed out.

"Okay." I answered before driving away.