Chapter Twenty-One

"Oh no!" Shawn jumped up. "We've got to go, we've got to go NOW!" Shawn grabbed his wallet off the table and forcefully put his sunglasses back on.

"It's only three thirty am dude, I want to stay until sunrise!" Jason said as he took another sip of his drink.

"Bostyn grab your stuff and put your sunglasses on, we've got to go!" Shawn walked towards the rope. "Thank you so much." He said to the security guard.

"Shawn what's wrong?" I asked as Jason and I ran to catch up with him.

"Miss Luisa is here." He pointed towards a lady dancing with a man on the dance floor.

"No!" Jason and I said in sync.

"You're right, we've got to go." Jason said as we all rushed towards the exit doors.

"But wait, what about Steve?" I asked.

"He went to the bathroom forty-five minutes ago, he's probably like passed out in there or something after all those vodka sodas." Shawn rolled his eyes.

"We can't just leave him." I said as we walked out of the blue room and back into the main lobby, continuing to rush towards the exit doors.

"But we also can't let you get in trouble." Shawn pointed to me before he held the door open for me. I walked through and into the dark, cold night. "Jason and I will drop you off at the hotel, make sure Steve isn't there, then if he isn't, we'll come back here to search for him."

"Leave it to Steve to make sure our plan doesn't go smoothly." Jason laughed. "Miss Luisa crashing our night or not, it was still fun."

"I agree." I smiled.

"You barely even danced!"

"I danced a little." I laughed.

"Are we coming back tomorrow?" Jason asked. "We're still VIP's thanks to Shawn." Jason smiled.

"I can't take all the credit." Shawn winked at Jason.

"Yes you can, and you will." Jason grinned.

"Only you would make a cocktail waitress fall in love with you." I rolled my eyes. "Did she have any idea that you are seventeen?"

"Minor detail." Shawn waved my question off. "She may or may not think i'm twenty-three."

"Shawn!" I shouted into the quiet night.

"What? I think I can pull off being a twenty-three year old!"

"I think you can too." Jason agreed.

"I can't believe you!" I shook my head.

"Want us to walk you up to your room?" Shawn asked. "See if Ava's there too in case we need to hunt her down while we're looking for Steve."

"You can come up with me to see if she's in there." I said as we walked towards the hotel entrance.

As we were walking we saw two figures sitting on the bench, their faces hidden since their backs were to the street lamp. I heard faint sobs as we got closer to the doors.

"Hello? Ciao? Are you okay?" I said, trying to keep my voice below a yell, but still loud enough so they could hear me.

The male figure turned, the light shining into his face. "Steve?" I asked.

"Shawn, Bostyn, Jason." He said, his tone of voice was soft, softest it's ever been.

"Who's that?" Jason asked, pointing to the female figure that was wearing Steve's coat.

I was praying that the mystery girl wasn't some random girl from the club that was now drunk sobbing us straight to a suspension as soon as Miss Luisa gets back.

As soon as the figure turned my draw dropped.

"Ava?" I asked as I rushed towards her, pulling her into a hug. "Ava what's wrong?" I asked, her eye liner smeared, black tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I don't want to talk about it," She sniffled. "Not here, not right now."

"Well okay, you don't have to." I said as her face fell onto my shoulder as she continued to sob.

"We'll give you guys some space, Steve, you coming?" Shawn asked as he nodded towards the door.

Steve looked at Ava and I, then stood up. "Yeah." He said as he followed the other boys.

"Thank you Steve." I said before he disappeared into the hotel.

Steve stood there, holding the door open. "Anything for you two."