Chapter Eighteen

"Bostyn Jackson!" I heard Ava yell from behind me.

Shawn and I turned to each other, our eyes wide. "Run!" We both laughed as we jumped into a sprint, nearly knocking over several tourists around the statue of a young girl in a garden.

"Shawn Mendes!" She then yelled.

I turned and saw Ava running after us. "Think we can out run her?" Shawn asked me.

"She hasn't run since seventh grade gym, five bucks she's already stopped." I turned and saw Ava continuing to bolt towards us. "I'm impressed, five bucks well spent." I shrugged.

"You tired yet?" Shawn asked me as we ran around a corner.

"Nope." I came to a quick stop. "But you are. We can stop here."

Shawn stopped and put his hands on his knees, gasping for air. "Maybe you're the one I should have bet five bucks on." I laughed.

"Leave me alone, Ava and I are in the same boat." He finally returned to standing straight up. "Not all of us can be track stars like you are, Bost."

"Give me a break." I rolled my eyes.

"No give me a break, i'm the one gasping for air over here."

Shawn and I both laughed before Ava's voice shouted through the sidewalk commotion. "Bostyn Jackson, Shawn Mendes, don't take one more step."

I quickly looked at Shawn. "Should we run?"

"I can't, what's the worst she can do?" He asked.

"I'm going to kill you!" Her voice shouted.

I turned and looked at Shawn, tilting my head. "But she won't." He patted me on the shoulder.

"You were spying on me!" She finally had caught up to where Shawn and I were standing. "Both of you!"

"I couldn't help it."

"Not an excuse." Ava looked kind of mad, but then again she could just be pretending.

"I'm sorry, okay."

"I don't believe you."

"Well you should." I gave her a small smile. "I just wanted to see what he was like."

"Well I hope it was worth it." Ava was still speaking in a cold tone.

"It wasn't." I frowned. "Didn't even get to see his face."

"He's cute." She smiled, her bad mood vanishing immediately.

"Wish I could have seen for myself."

"You can, tonight." She grinned.

"Tonight?" I asked her, my mouth wide open.

"Tonight." She shook her head.

"Why tonight?" I asked. "I mean not that i'm complaining, i'm excited, but why tonight?"

Ava grabbed my hand. "Well B, I heard Shawn, Jason and," She paused like she considered saying Steve's name. "I heard Shawn and Jason talking about that club that they went to and how they're going back tonight, so I thought i'd invite him to join us."

"Us?" Shawn asked.

"Was the invite only to Bostyn?" Ava asked, attitude reappearing in her voice.

I turned and gave Shawn a dirty look, then I mouthed "say something" to him.

Shawn cleared his throat. "No, never. I was just wondering if us was as in Jason, Steve, me, you, mystery boy and Bostyn."

"That's who I know that's going, unless you're inviting more people."

"Nope, i'm not." He shook his head no.

"Well I can't wait until I can meet this boy!" I smiled.

"Awh thank you." Ava grinned.

"And i'm sure Shawn and him will become friends." I looked at Shawn to see if he would say anything.

"I'm sure we will too." Shawn said as he started walking down the sidewalk.

"Where are you going?" I called after him.

"Heading back to the hotel, it's been a long day, but a productive day." He smiled.

Ava and I glanced at each other, "We'll walk with you."

"Thanks."

I nodded at Shawn then turned to Ava. "So does this mystery boy have a name?" I asked her.

Ava grinned. "Ricardo."

"I like it." I smiled.

"I'm sure you do." Shawn butted in.