Chapter #16

My mom walked into my room waking me up at 8 o' clock on the dot. She left my room after seeing that I was awake & I heard her walking down the stairs.

I got up & got dressed then went downstairs because I didn't know when we were leaving.

"Eat so we won't be late." She sat a small healthy breakfast in front of me with a glass of orange juice.

I ate without saying a word to her. I think she was still trying to figure out where she went wrong. I just wish she would understand that it wasn't her fault at all. It was because I chose to do something dumb.

Once I was done, we were out the door. It was an awkward car ride because there was no talking or no music. I couldn't wait until the car came to a stop.

We got out & I followed her into the Dr. office. There was a lot of people. I felt so out of place looking at all of the grown women with children or pregnant. Then my mom took a seat next to a woman & her 2 kids. I was very scared to sit there but I didn't want to just stand because then everyone would just stare at me.

I sat next to her & then looked around as she signed papers. This wasn't like my old Dr. office. Since it was for kids & teenagers, it had a different vibe. Doctors like this are just for adults. There should never be young girls like me here.

My mom started talking so I looked over & started listening because I thought she was talking to me. She was having a conversation with the woman sitting next to her & they were talking about me.

The girl sitting next to the woman talking to my mom got up & came over sitting next to me holding her little brother.

"Hi, I'm Kaliah." She spoke.

"I'm Destiny

"I'm Destiny."

"You're here to see Dr. Morris?" She asked. I nodded my head. "Me too. Just for a check up though. You're pregnant?" She asked. I almost didn't answer, but she was being so nice & I didn't want to be rude.

"I am." I looked at the baby she was holding. She looked around my age. That's how I'm going to look in a few months.

"Oh This is Zyheir, my son."

"Your son? How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 13. I know I'm young you don't have to say."

"I wasn't going to say anything. I'm just shocked. I thought that was your brother."

"Everybody thinks that. He's a few months old."

"Your mom didn't care that you had a baby?" I asked.

"Yeah she was mad. She still is, but she didn't have the money for me to have an abortion so I had to have a baby. Still scared to talk about your pregnancy?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. I was still embarrassed to talk about it, but I didn't feel so scared to talk to her. I guess since she's a young mom I don't have to worry about her judging me.