Chapter #32

Destiny's POV

~Hello

~What up? This Destiny?

~Yes. Is this Marshun?

~Yeah. Can you talk?

He had a really cute, but deep mellow voice.

~I can. What's up?

~You know what up. Ain't no other reason I'll be calling you.

~Ok. No need to be rude. I just wanted to know what you had to say.

~ I wasn't trying to have to say shit to you, but since ya'll won't leave a nigga alone, here I am. I'm not trying to have this conversation over the phone though.

I sighed. It's like talking to Tyreke. He's rude as heck. Explains why they're best friends.

~Ok it doesn't have to be over there phone. When & where would you like to talk?

~You pick. I don't want you to be around me scared or no shit like that.

~Ok. But I don't know if my mom would be ok with you coming over to our house, but that's the only place where I'll feel comfortable talking to you.

He chuckled.

~I almost forgot you was young as hell. Yo house cool. Yo moms not gon be there too is she?

~No. Not unless you want her to be.

~I'm good. Is Sunday cool?

~Yes. What time Sunday?

~11-12

~Ok

~Alright cool. If I can't make it, I'll hit you up & let you know. Just me & you. I don't want nobody else there.

I squinted me eyes as he talked. Why is his voice so cute?

~Ok whatever. It'll just be us.

He didn't respond. He hung up. I looked toward the basketball court & saw Miguel over there playing. I slowly walked over there thinking if I wanted to tell him that Marshun wanted to come to the house to talk or not. I know if I do, he's going to want to be there, but Marshun wants to be alone.

I sat on the bench away from kisha & the other girl she was with. They both kept looking over my way, but I ignored them. I really wasn't with her fakeness today. I have so much more important things to worry about.

"Hey good game." I said once Miguel walked over. He looked both hot & tired.

"Thanks. You ok?" He asked pulling his shirt over his head.

"Yes, I'm great. Why you ask?"

"Great? Why so great? Must have been a good conversation." He took a seat next to me.

"It wasn't anything special & it sure isn't the reason I'm great. I'm great because nothing bad has been happening & I'm happy about that." I smiled.

"And don't worry, because nothing is going to happen. I'm glad that you're happy." He smiled back at me. "So what did ya'll talk about?" He asked.

"He just wants to talk. I guess about a test & what's my plans if the baby is his. He wants to meet up in a couple of days."

"That's good. Where?"

"Well, I said my house, because I wasn't comfortable with meeting him anywhere else."

"You think your mom will be ok with that?"

"I don't know. I'm not telling her. Plus she'll be at work, so."