Chapter #18

I was looking in the mirror at the red bruise on my face. Today is my birthday & I am officially a teenager. I was kind of happy, but today didn't feel as special like it use to.

It really sucked because I won't be able to hang out with my friends. I haven't been to school since the fight so all I got from them were phone calls & text. Only person I haven't heard from yet was Miguel.

"Destiny, telephone." My mom yelled.

I ran downstairs & grabbed the phone from her.

"Hello."

"Happy birthday princess."

I sighed

I sighed. I was a little disappointed to hear from my dad. Don't get me wrong , I am glad that he called, but I'm still little upset about him for hitting me. I was really hoping that this was my grandma or an aunt.

"Thank you."

"I know you probably mad at me for what happened the other day, but you have to understand that hearing that about your daughter hurts. You're still a child Des. Whatever you were doing shouldn't have been done. I'm sorry. You know I'll never hurt you."

"I know daddy. Thank you for calling me on my birthday. I love you."

I handed my mom back her phone then went upstairs. I was happy to hear from him, but I didn't want to talk.

I got dressed comfortably then waited on my mom. She wanted to take me out & have a mother daughter day since I wasn't allowed to do anything else. I guess she didn't want me to not do anything at all.

She was taking so long so I called Courtney & Mia & talked to them for a while. I was really hoping that Miguel would call, but then it might be a good thing that he hasn't, because pretty soon we might not even be friends anymore.

"Are you ready Destiny?" My mom asked walking into my room.

"Yes. I'll be down in just a minute." I ended my call then put on my shoes.

We went to this fashion show & from there to eat. I really admired the work she did & was always happy when she had me around. She really loves what she does & it shows.

We went to Olive Garden for dinner because I really wanted some pasta & I think they have the best. I just know that when we leave from here I have to stop & get a shake from McDonald's.

"Are you ok?" My mom asked after we ordered our food.

"Yes I'm fine. Thank you!" I smiled.

"Did you hear from any of your friends today?" She asked.

"Yes. I just haven't heard from Sparkle yet."

I was really upset about that. Sparkle isn't a friend, but family. I should've heard from her before anyone else. I don't know if she's mad at me or what, but I miss her & wish that we can just talk about everything. I really need someone by my side.