Chapter #30

"Yo stomach getting so big. It look like you about to pop." Miguel laughed.

"Shut up. No it don't." I said laughing.

I did get bigger. A lot bigger & I hated it. I've been doing everything I could to prevent getting stretch marks & so far it's working. I'm praying that I be like my mom.

We were sitting outside in the courtyard at school waiting for Courtney & Cedrick. I was a little sad that Gabi missed school today. I wanted to see her before break. We was about to be out for 2 weeks for spring break & I probably don't see her until we come back.

"You sure you don't want anything to eat?" Miguel asked trying to over feed me as usual.

"Yes I'm sure. My mom made sure I ate before I left the house this morning."

It was warm out now so I no longer wore a jacket. My stomach was out in the open for everyone to see. I got some disgusted stares here & there, but most didn't care. I know I didn't care how anyone felt anymore. I've gotten use to the fact that this is real.

"Ok. I'm just trying to make sure you ate enough." He said sitting back down.

"I looked around to see if my best friend was bringing her butt, but instead I saw Kisha walking out of the cafeteria. I haven't had any run ins with her since she yelled out I was pregnant to the whole school. Miguel hasn't talked to her either, so I hope that was the end of her.

She looked at us as she passed the table then rolled her eyes. Me & Miguel both looked at each other & started laughing.

"Hey bestie & bestie baby daddy." Courtney said finally joining us 10 years later.

"Hey bestie & bestie boyfriend." I said speaking to her & Cedrick.

"Hey what up Des." He spoke back taking a seat.

"Why I gotta be bestie baby daddy like I don't got a name?" Miguel asked Courtney.

"Same reason Cedrick had to be bestie boyfriend." She laughed.

"You started it. Don't try blaming that on me." I laughed.

"Shh. Just take the blame & leave it alone." She joked. "Did you feed my God baby?" She asked.

"Yes I did. If you & Miguel don't stop trying to make me fat, I'm not talking to ya'll anymore.

"We just be trying to make sure you good." Miguel said.

"I'm fine." I stole a piece of cinnamon roll from Courtney & ate it.

"I thought you said that you wasn't hungry." Miguel looked at me.

"I'm not, but it just looked so good." I laughed.

"Then I'll go get you one. Ced come with me" They both got up & left.

"You guys are so cute." Courtney smiled.

"Yeah yeah. Hide that before I eat it. I swear that was so good." I licked my lips.

"You can have it if you want it." She offered.

"No I'll wait for Miguel to come back." I stood up & stretched & there was Kisha walking past, again. She rolled her eyes again like she was trying to get a reaction out of me.

"She still mad?" Court asked.

"Still. It's been 3 months since her & Miguel broke up & she still acting like she can't get over it. I feel sorry for her." I shook my head.

"Hi Destiny,, hi Courtney." I looked over & saw Karena standing there smiling. But it wasn't that normal fake smile her & her friends usually have on.