Chapter #40

Easter Sunday...

"Destiny, just pick one. It's only Easter, not your wedding." My mom said annoyed.

"Nicole & Miguel are picking me up soon for this Easter party & I don't know what to wear. I have less than 30 minutes to get ready & have been searching for over an hour. Maybe I should just call him & tell him that I'm not going.

I sat down on my bed after my mom left me lonely. I guess I was getting on her nerves being picky & since I wasn't listening she decided not to help me anymore. I knew I should have gotten that dressed she told me to get. Now I want it.

I finally decided on an outfit then got dressed. I did my hair then waited downstairs with my mom while she worked on her laptop. She works so much. I feel so sorry for her. It's like she never gets a break.

"Are you sure you don't want to take a break & come with us?" I asked my mom after the doorbell rang.

"I'm sure. I have to finish this by tomorrow so go have fun." She looked at me & smiled.

"Ok mom. I love you." I opened the door & smiled at Miguel. "Hi." I waved. He spoke to my mom then we left.

The ride was long. Miguel & his mom talked most of the it, but I stayed quiet & out of their conversation. I think we were going to a friend of his moms place. His mom was asking him if he remembered the woman & her kids, but he didn't remember 2 of the 3 kids. I think it's cool that I get to meet some his  friends besides the ones from school.

When we stopped I stared at the beautiful house we had just parked in front of. The house was huge. He said the house was just being rented out, but even if that was true, they had to have spent a lot of money just to rent it.

Miguel got out & opened the door for me & helped me out. I took his hand & smiled as I stepped out of the car.

"I'm surprised you're wearing a dress." He said.

"So am I. I didn't know what else to wear." I responded.

"Well I'm glad you wore it. You look nice." He said making me blush.

"Thank you."

"Come on." He grabbed my hand & we followed his mom inside. That's when I got scared. There was way more people than I hoped for & they all looked stuck up & judgemental.

"Are you sure they're ok with me coming?" I asked stopping at the door. I didn't even want to go in any further. Everyone might start staring at me & whispering.

"It's ok. Are you scared?" Miguel asked. I nodded my head no. I was lying. I really was. "Good. Come on." He grabbed my hand & pulled me with him through the house.

To my surprise I didn't get any judgmental stares. Who's to say no one talked about me once I was out of sight, but as long as I didn't witness it, I was ok.

"Hey Miguel." A girl around our ago spoke.

"What's up Lizza." He nodded. He didn't look to happy to see her.

 He didn't look to happy to see her