Chapter #39

Miguel's POV

"I know you are excited, but remember we said not to tell anyone. Your mom & I are giving Destiny a surprise reveal baby shower, so no one outside of us 4 can know." Mrs. Denise Said. She whispered it to me while my mom & Destiny walked ahead of us & talked.

"Ok. When is it?" I asked.

"Not sure yet. Your mom will tell you as soon as we figure it out." She got quiet once we caught up to them. We were walking inside of Applebee's, celebrating.

I sat with Destiny while my mom & hers asked for a specific table. I just hope we don't have to wait for it, because I'm hungry.

"Ready to eat?" My mom asked.

"I am." I said standing back up We followed the waiter to the table. I let Destiny slide in from my side first & then sat next to her.

"What do you wanna do when we leave here?" I whispered to Destiny.

"Sparkle wants me to come over so I might go over there. But also Gabi wants to hangout & I miss her so I don't know." She opened the menu & looked through it.

"If you don't want to do either of those, let me know. Then we can chill." I said looking at the menu with her.

"I was going to ask you to hangout with us anyways. I mean only if you want to." She smiled. "Do you know what you're going to eat?" She asked finally looking at me.

"I wanted some burger fries, but I don't see them nowhere." I picked up my menu & started flipping through the pages.

"You might have to ask. You know they have secret menus so that they can hide all of the good stuff. I think I want that too. I am so hungry. Does it come with a lot?" She asked.

"Yeah. I thought you said you was going to eat healthy."

"I be trying, but the baby don't be wanting to eat that sometimes." She frowned up then quickly put a smile on her face when the waiter approached the table & asked us what we'd like to drink.

We all ordered drinks then our moms started back talking but Destiny interrupted.

"Mom. After we're done here can you pick up Gabi & drop us off at Sparkles please?" Des asked.

"Yes." She quickly answered then continued talking.

"Did you want to come?" She asked me.

"If that's cool with your cousin." I reached for my drink after it was sat on the table. I started drinking it & waited until the waiter came back so I could order my food & eat. I haven't ate anything since yesterday morning.

We finally ordered & since they had burger fries, that's what I ordered. I'm about to tear them thangs up. And I'm glad Des got her own because even though I wouldn't tell her no, I was too hungry to share right now.

"Goodness you're greedy today." Destiny laughed.

"I haven't ate since yesterday morning." I laughed while chewing.

"I can't wait until I can not eat. I'm so fat now & all I do is sleep."

"That's just the baby. It won't last forever, now stop complaining." Mrs. Denise said.

"I know." Des smiled.

After we finished eating & my mom & Des mom finished talking, we left. I left with Destiny & Mrs. Denise since Destiny wanted me to hang out with her at Sparkles. I really don't want to be around nothing but girls right now so I hope De chillin with Sparkle today.