Chapter #31

Marshun's POV

"Marshun wait up." Sparkle yelled catching up to me after school.

"What up?" I asked slowing down.

"Can I ask you something?" I didn't say anything back, I just looked at her & waited on her question. "Why don't you want to take a test with my cousin's baby?" She asked.

"For what? It's not mine." I said then walked off. She ask me this every time she see me. I know like she know, that'll be a waste of both of our time. I'm just trying to forget about that shit & move on with my life.

"Shun, come on. Don't do my little cousin like that, please. She really needs to know. It's not like she involved the police or anything. You at least owe her that much." She followed me out of the building.

"I hear you, but she a little ass girl. I'm not trying to have nothing to do with her & I damn sure ain't trying to be her baby daddy." I didn't want to be mean about the situation, but real talk, if she had never lied about her age to begin with, we wouldn't be in this situation. At least I won't.

"Ok I get that she's young, but it's not about her."

"Yeah I get that." It wasn't just about her age. I got a girl & I'm trying to keep her. Plus I'm trying to finish up school & go to college. I don't need nothing getting in the way of that. And on top of that, I just won't be a good father. Ol' girl better off without me.

"Marshun, I'm going to bug everyday until you at least agree to talk to her." She stood there looking at me. I didn't know what else to say, so I just agreed to get her out of my face.

"Alright I'll talk to her. Just us 2 though. I don't need everybody else around." I don't like people in my business. I don't care if they was there & the shit involves them too. I prefer to keep what's said between me & her, between us.

Oh my Gosh, thank you so much." She smiled then hugged me & ran off.

I walked off, hopped in my car then drove off. The whole ride home all I could think about was Destiny.

What if her baby was mine? I mean if it is, that's a mistake I'll have to live with. My moms & pops gon flip the fuck out though. Especially when they find out her age.

I decided to talk to her sooner. I didn't want to wait & since it was spring break, we had 2 weeks to meet up & talk. But since I didn't have her number & wasn't trying to ask anybody for it I hopped on Insta to just get it from her.

I saw her in the comments under one of Sparkle pictures then hit her up.

~Yo what up? We need to talk. Hit me up with yo # ASAP

 Hit me up with yo # ASAP

Miguel POV

"Marshun just asked me for my number. I don't know if I should give it to him." Des said.