Chapter 3- Entering

Jackson lead me down the driveway and into the woods across the street.

"Where are we going?" I asked Jackson. "To a place for people like you, Rose Clearwater. By the way, did you know you have a beautiful ancient name? It goes back a long time." Jackson said to me in response.

"That in no way helps." I snapped at him. He turned to look at me. Study me. His orange eyes lit up like fire.

"Y-your eyes, why are they orange?" I asked him. He smiled and his eyes lit up bright. "I have fire powers, you see. Those powers come with unmistakable orange eyes. Not very subtle, though." He continued to stare at me for a while.

"F-fire powers?" I asked. "I've never heard anyone say that before, well except in books and myths. But you, you say it so seriously... Prove it." I said to Jackson. "Okay, then." Was all he said. He stopped in his tracks and held out his hands.

He concentrated really hard and suddenly, fire burst from his hands. Small sets of flames that sat in the center of his palms. I backed away slowly and hit a tree.

"I'm crazy. I need to get home. Talk to my mom. This is not real. None of this is real. It's all my imagination. I fell asleep inside with Winston, I-" I was cut of by a motion from Jackson.

"We need to get somewhere safe." He said to me. "Come on, I need to get you to Camp Magic. Now." Jackson grabbed my arm and pulled me through the woods at a jogging pace.

I was to shocked and focused on running to say anything. Jackson turned right, then left, then right again and stopped in front of 2 trees that formed the shape of a doorway with its bent and mangled branches.

Woods appeared in a weird language on a large tree branch. It read, "Camos Magica" In majestically carved letters. "Camp Magic." I said aloud, shocking myself with the ability to understand what it said.

"That right." Jackson said, eyeing me suspiciously. "Your powers are even stronger than we thought." He half-muttered to me. "Anyway, come on! There are monsters in these woods that would love to know how it get into this camp, we need to move fast."

He walked up to the branch-door, put his hand up to the door, and the branches willowed away quickly to form a big opening.

Jackson pushed me forward into the opening, and what I saw behind it was incredible.