Chapter 18- The Meeting

I sat down next to Jackson again. He looked me over, obviously something was wrong. "What?" He frowned. "Well, for starters, you almost got yourself killed by a- mind you -Mini Dragon! Then, you tried to give yourself up to some evil guy!" He exclaimed angrily.

I scowled. "Seriously? Don't you think you're over reacting? Plus, isn't that my choice? I-" I was about to lecture on, but Mr. Blackwood entered the room.

The big wooden doors shut with a bang!, then he walked over and sat in the head chair. "Alright! We have a few different matters to discuss, so let's just get right into it. Mr. Day, do you have the report on that little performance earlier?"

A man stood up. He had light brown hair that was slightly tinged with gray at the roots. "Yes. Now I have analyzed the hologram and the dragons and everything else I possibly could to find answers." He took a deep breath and read over the paper he was holding.

"That was indeed a hologram. I found a small mechanical object on the ground that appears to be a projector. I'm guessing he threw it out wherever he was, and when Rose sparked him, it appeared. I have no idea how."

"Also, I have looked at the corpses of the Mini Dragons. They seem to be right from The Darken, like they were drawn right from it. I looked into the old magic books, and that is possible, but you need to use a lot of magic to do it, so for almost any magician it is impossible."

I whispered to Jackson, "What's The Darken?" "It's basically the underworld, like, where demons and monsters and ghosts come from. And where they return to when they die." I nodded and turned back to Mr. Day.

"I really don't have much more... Oh! I also looked into Michael Castors death, and he should be dead. So, I'm thinking someone is trying to play a cruel prank on us. Maybe a demon."

Mr. Blackwood nodded. "Thank you. Now the matter of Michael Castor. Does anyone have something to input?"

Madison stood up. "If he's dead, how could he be here? How did he die anyway? Is there a way he could have survived?" Mr. Blackwood pondered that.

"I'd rather not discus the matter of his death, as it is a touchy subject to some people. But, there should be no way for him to be alive." He said.

"Thank you." She said, then sat down. Then a blonde boy stood up. "How do we know that James Clearwater wasn't working for Castor? Couldn't he have faked his death and then killed himself?" He asked.

I felt rage the minute he said it and stood up before I could stop myself. "Don't you dare talk about my father like that! He was a great man and he would never do anything bad! Ever! So why don't you sit your a-" "Whoa! Sit down Rose!"

Jackson had grabbed onto my arm and tugged me back into my chair. The boy had sat down after turning bright red. I was still fuming, but I managed to get under control.

"Alright. Moving on. Anyone else?" Mr. Blackwood asked, clearly trying to move everything on. A younger red-headed girl stood up. "I do kind-of agree with him. Maybe Michael Castor isn't dead? What is a way he could be alive but us not no about it?"

Another girl stood up. "Maybe he was dead, then came back to life? I mean we all know he was a really powerful magician. Could it be possible?" Mr. Day stood up too, holding a book in his hand.

"According to Section B page 123: 'A magician can be reborn if another magician is around to complete the ceremony. Right before dying a magician must transfer all of his/her magic into an object. Then, another magician must transfer the magic back into the dead magicians heart, while chanting the following words... Then, you must poor a healing potion into the magicians mouth and chant these words... And then they should be alive.'"

"So someone else has to be there? I bet you James Clearwater brought Michael Castor back to life and then somehow died!" The red-headed girl said. I stood up again. "I swear that my father had nothing to do with this!"

"Rose, please!" Jackson yelled, trying to pull me down again. I wouldn't budge. "Anyone else have something to say about my father? Why don't you say it to me." I yelled so everyone could hear it.

Everyone just stared at me, so silent you could hear a pin drop. "Rose! Come on!" Jackson had stood up and drawn me away from the table.

"Look, you need to calm down! No one here is trying to personally offend you, or your father. Okay?" I felt my hands get hot. "No! Its not okay! Why are you taking their side? I'm tired of everyone accusing my father of things, and yelling at me, and whispering about me, and saying I'm the Clearwater Girl, and anything else!"

He sighed. "No one cares, honestly! You can't get angry about everything, you know? Just because someone says something about you, or your last name, or your father, doesn't give you the right to yell!"

"You don't get it do you?" I said back.

I felt tears burn in my eyes. I knew in a way he was right. I was just so- well I didn't know how to explain it. I thought he would have supported me I all this. He wasn't. I know it all seamed bad, to both of us.

All these new things, magic powers, demons, the whole deal, I couldn't handle it then. So, I ran.