Chapter 52- Facing The Enemy

I didn't know what to do. The palace doors were locked, obviously. I knocked loudly on the door. "Castor!" I yelled.

The doors opened, and two guards walked out. I jumped back, slashing my sword in front of me. "Calm down, girl!" One yelled.

I pointed my sword at them. "Come any closer, and I will kill you." I threatened. "What's with you, just walking into your death?" A familiar voice asked.

Castor.

"It's my thing, now." I muttered. Castor appeared from behind the two guards. "Ah, little Rose. How've you been? Heal okay? I did." He said, coming out of the shadows.

He had an ugly scar that ran down his neck, and to his chest. The skin around it was blistered and burnt. It was gross. I averted my eyes.

"You thought you could kill me?" Castor laughed harshly. "Well, I guess we were both wrong, about who we thought we could kill. I'm the one standing here, too, you know, the one you tried to kill." I growled.

Castor sneered. "Why are you here, child? Certainly not to give yourself up again?" He asked. "No. I've come to do a job. I'm doing well right now, but I'm afraid I still have a lot of work to do." I said, toying with him.

Castor was not a manipulative person, so I had to try my hardest. "Do you think I'm stupid? I know you are wearing cameras and motion detectors. Remove them all, or I will kill you this very moment." He said.

I rolled my eyes and took the bracelets off my wrists, and threw them on the ground. I took the two tiny cameras off, and threw them on the ground, letting them shatter. I took the anklets off too, leaving only the camera-belt.

I hoped Castor didn't notice. "Now, your weapons." Castor said. "I don't take orders from you." I snapped. "Fine, then. Have it your way. Guards! Take her weapons!" The guards came at me.

I threw a dagger at one, hitting him in the stomach. He groaned and fell to the ground. The other grabbed my arm, and I called electricity forth, and burned his hand.

He cried out in pain as his hand blistered from the heat. "Still want my weapons?" I mocked. The guard, the idiot that he was, charged. But I was ready.

I called forth more electricity and hit him right in the heart, not caring if I killed him or not. Castor laughed. "You are so much like your father." He said.

"I take that as a compliment." I grumbled. "Why are you really here?" Castor asked. "Why don't you find out?" I replied, backing up from the palace. Castor stayed put.

"Why aren't you taking my magic now? Why aren't you killing me?" I asked. "Because your friends are arriving, and I want them to see you tortured and killed." He said.

I jolt of panic soared through me as my friends materialized around me. "Hey, Castor! Long time no kill!" Jackson called to him. Castor laughed his harsh laugh.

"I will destroy you little heroes, then I will destroy your camp, then your government. I will create my own world! Mortals will fear magicians! We will rule! Such a pity you won't get to see." He said.

"I think you're the one who won't get to see a perfect world." Rainy said, twirling her dagger in her fingers. "We'll see." Castor said, then, he disappeared.