Chapter 35- A Terrible Way For A Birthday To End

Someone in the front of our group was screaming. "Katrina!" Tanner yelled. "Guys, help!" Tanner was leaning over Katrina, whose arm was bleeding and she looked deathly pale.

Tanner was mumbling and casting some sort of enchantment on Katrina. "What happened?" I asked Sky. "She was stabbed in the arm." Sky replied.

I gasped, then stopped. "By who?" Sky shook her head, clueless. I looked around and saw a shape running down the street. "I'll be right back." I said, already running.

I dashed after the hooded figure and caught up to it easily. "Not a fast fellow, are you?" I mocked as I grabbed the back of the persons cloak.

I yanked the person around and pulled back the hood on the cloak. It was a boy. He had brown hair, ghost white skin, and an ugly scar starting at his right eyebrow and ending at his bottom lip.

"Maybe I wanted you to catch me." The boy said. He had a deep, raspy voice that didn't fit his young face.

"Who are you?" I asked him, a wicked glare on my face. But before I got an answer, he leaned in, kissed me, then literally disappeared.

I stood there, shocked and embarrassed, as I heard more commotion behind me. A bunch of hooded figures like the last boy were fighting with my friends.

I watched as Tanner stood over Katrina, protecting her, while he casted beams of light at a cloaked man. Jackson was in a wild sword fight with a young boy whose face I could barely see. I watched as Sky and Rainy fought two girls, dagger and sword.

Bree spattered paint over a mans eyes, making him cry out and swing his sword every which way. Michael and Marisa were standing back to back, protecting each other as they fought their opponents. Tyson was burning an older man with bright orange flames.

I ran forward into the chaos as Tyson got knocked to the ground. I stabbed the man he was fighting in the chest, then pulled the dagger out. I gagged at the sight and smell of blood.

I leaned down, wiped the blade on the grass, and stood back up in one fluid motion. Then I watched Bree get cut on the arm and I ran over to help her.

I stabbed the man in the chest without thinking, and heard an awful sound, so I pulled the blade out. The man fell to the ground as I closed my eyes and turned away. I couldn't bear to look at the people I'd killed.

I felt someone grab my wrist and yank, so I whipped around, blade in hand, to see who had hold of me. As I feared, it was a cloaked boy, well, not really a boy, he was probably in his twenties.

He had black hair, tan skin, and he wore an eyepatch over his right eye. Otherwise, his eye color was brown. He gave me a wicked grin and brought his blade up.

I pulled my sword out and blocked the blow just in time. I stood there, dagger in my right hand, sword in my right, and smirked at the boy, like, actually smirked.

I laughed at myself, and at the boy, and started to fight him. Some where in the fight I put my dagger away, but I couldn't tell you when. Our blades clanged and banged together as we fought. This boy was really good!

But in the middle of the fight the boy dropped to the ground and stopped moving. Jackson was standing in front of me, a bloody sword in hand.

He smiled at me, turned, stabbed the man coming at him, then turned back around, still smiling. Then a man appeared behind Jackson. A cloaked man.

"Jack-!" Was all I got out before the man picked up his sword and stabbed him. Jackson fell to the ground and I ran over to him. I tried to hold him up, but he was to heavy for me, and we both fell to the ground.

I remembered the time we had kissed and both fell to the ground. I cried out, "No!" When Jackson went limp.

"Stand up and fight me, girl. Unless you'd like to come with me willingly, which I doubt." Said the cloaked man standing over me. I looked up.

It was Michael Castor.