Chapter 16- Michael Castor

It came from the bottom of the hill. The scream pierced the air. It was a girl.

I searched desperately for anyone I knew. I saw Katrina and her friends running down the hill. I was about go after them, but I thought better of it when I realized I would just get in their way if they had to fight.

Just then, someone put there hand on my shoulder. I turned around and grabbed the hand. "Whoa, it's just me!" Jackson said, surprised.

"Is Rainy with you?" I asked him. "Well it's nice to see you too. She's behind me." He stepped away and reviled Rainy standing alertly behind him.

She waved at me, but before she could say anything, another scream rang out. "I have to get down there, I'm one of the best fighters here. Please stay together!'' Jackson yelled at me and Rainy as he ran down the hill.

I noticed the little kids being paraded into The Mansion and The House of Enchantment. Some stray kids were running into their cabins.

I saw fighting all around the camp. My heart skipped a beat. I didn't know how to fight. I couldn't let Rainy stay back. "You should go!" I yelled at her over the screams and fighting.

"No! I have to stay with you. I promised Jackson!" She yelled back. "I'll help get the rest of the kids to safety, okay? I can't fight, but you can! Please go."

Rainy sighed and ran down the hill and into the center of the fight. I looked around to find any kids or people that needed help.

I found a group of stray kids near my cabin and ran down to help them. "Hey! That's my cabin. You need to get inside and get safe!" I yelled at them.

They looked horrified, but they scurried in anyway. I turned around to run the other way, but something blocked my path.

It looked like a small dragon. It was red and gold, with small wings, fangs, and big feet with claws. I stood frozen.

I thought of the little fight training I had gotten. I couldn't fight a dragon, or whatever it was. I pulled a dagger out of my belt anyway, figuring if I die, I want to die fighting.

The monster roared, a roar that knocked me back to reality. The dragon jumped at me, and without thinking, I threw the dagger.

It landed in the dragons chest. The dragon reared back with a howl. I jumped back as it's claws came down, but I wasn't fast enough.

The claws dug into my right arm and put 3 long cuts down my arm. I screamed in pain, but I swallowed and kept moving. I knew I needed help, or the loss of blood would kill me.

Suddenly though, all the fighting stopped. A man in a cloak appeared through a spout of smoke. He walked into the center of camp. He lifted his hand up to silence everyone.

"I am Michael Castor. These dragons, they were just the beginning of my power. I can send more monsters on you at any time, so I would do what I say. You must give Rose Clearwater to me. I will keep her as prisoner until I decide what else I shall do to torture you all." The man said, his voice loud and clear over the mumbling of the campers.

I was pretty sure my heart had stopped when he said my name. I started to walk down the hill, but someone grabbed my arm. I turned around. It was Jackson. "You are not going with that man. You stay right here, or mark my words, I will make you." He said fiercely. I was so surprised I stopped moving.

"Is there a way we can talk this over?" Someone asked. I realized it was Mr. Blackwood. "No. Give her up now, or I will send my next wave of monsters in to destroy you." Michael Castor replied. I twisted from Jackson's grip. "I need to do this." I said, and before he could do anything else I ran down the hill.