Chapter 23- Magic Training

I walked down the hill and to a new building. I had never seen it before. On my paper it said it was across from The House of Enchantment, but it was hidden back in the woods a little bit.

I found The House of Enchantment and I walked across the grass and to the woods. "Over the river and through the woods, to the magic building we go." I whispered to myself as I went deeper into the woods.

I was about to give up when something in front of me started to shimmer. A golden light appeared and grew to the size of a large house. When the glowing stopped, there was a large dull gold building in front of me.

The walls were carved with each of the 4 elements. The front wall had fire that reached the top, the east wall had a carved ocean, and the west a big mountain with trees and flowers and rocks. Out of curiosity I walked around back and it was carved with swirls to indicate air.

I walked back around front and through the large doors. Inside looked much lager than the out. A massive spiraling staircase stood in the right corner, painted black.

The floor was polished brown and black marble. The walls were painted the same dull gold that was outside. The room I was in was very large.

It had a large front room, with a long hallway to the back to the room. Other rooms branched off on both sides of the hallway. Black leather couches and sleek black tables sat in front of them. Campers in gold robes walked around, some carried wands, others had weapons strapped to their robes.

I noticed every single one of them had metallic eyes. Well, they had blue and brown and green eyes, but they had a metallic shine to them. Other campers were there too, talking to the robed ones.

I looked down at my paper. It reminded me of a school schedule to tell you what classes you had that day. It said I needed to find Tanner. That he was the trainer assigned to me.

I walked up to a girl who was just sitting on a couch, reading a think book bound in gold. "Hello? I was wondering if you could help me find a Tanner?" The girl looked up, and I almost jumped.

Her eyes were bright blue and very metallic, they shone brightly and when light hit them they seemed to light up.

"Yes. Follow me." She said. Her voice was very majestic and and clear. I would have thought it was a British accent if it didn't have an American tint to it.

She lead me down the hallway until we were almost to the back wall. She motioned to the door on the right side and left, her long brown hair swinging around her head in the process.

I knocked on the door and a boys voice yelled, "Come in, Rose Clearwater." I opened the door slowly. Inside was a very large room that seemed bigger than the whole building all together.

A boy in gold robes sat on a black leather couch in the left corner. He looked about 16 or 17, obviously still young. I was surprised, most of the people here seemed to be 18 or older.

"Hello, Rose. Is it just Rose? Rosily? Rosalinda?" I shook my head. "No, no. It's just Rose." The boy looked up. I saw he had been reading a thin black book.

He stood up and held out his hand. I shook it. I got the chance now to look him over. He had dirty blonde hair, gold eyes, and pale skin that looked like the sun had never touched it. His young face had freckles that dotted his nose.

I was betting most girls would think he's really cute, but I didn't have any interest in the typical sparkly-eyed blonde boy. And something told me this boy didn't want to date anyone anyway.

"You're Tanner?" I asked. The boy nodded. "Well, Just Rose, shall we get started?" I realized that his voice was layered with a thick British accent that I hadn't noticed before.