Chapter 54- Inside

Everything went for about the first five minutes. We were dominating, stopping Castor's warriors left and right. But as soon as they realized what was happening, they fought back.

A horrid cry went through the crowd. I hoped it was from some one on Castor's side.

I felt a hand grab me, and turned to see who it was. It was Jackson. "We need to find Castor!" He yelled over the crowd. I nodded. I spotted Rainy in the midst of a fight with a skinny girl in a black cloak, her hood was pulled down so you could see her shaggy brown hair.

"Help Rainy!" Was all I could manage as I dashed over to my friend. I threw a dagger and hit the girl strait in the chest. She cried out, coughing blood, then fell to the ground, unmoving.

"Thanks!" Rainy yelled. "Find Castor!" I yelled back. Rainy nodded and pointed to a far away stair case. I nodded and Rainy ran off into the crowd of fighters.

"Jackson! You should take that stair case!" I called, pointing at the one behind me. "I'll take this one!" I gestured to the one closest to me. He looked like he wanted to argue, but he turned and ran up the staircase.

I moved to run up mine, but someone blocked my way. I black-cloaked boy stood on the bottom step. "Where you goin', Clearwater?" He asked mockingly.

Without thinking, I threw my second dagger at him, and it hit the boy in the stomach. He doubled over, coughing blood and gasping for air. "Where's Castor?" I asked. The boy did nothing, just fell to the floor, and after a minute, he stopped moving.

I ran up the staircase in front if me anyway, determined to find Castor.

*****

They hallways were endless here. There were almost one hundred doors. I shook the doorknobs to open the doors I could.

I knew I wouldn't have the strength to knock down a door, so I looked in as many as I could. I pushed one open, and inside was all weapons.

Daggers and spears and swords and bow and arrows and many more.

I had learned in battle training that you could use any dagger you wanted, but ones that are made for your magic work best. I pulled two daggers off the wall that were made for fire powers, thinking of Jackson.

Then, I pulled two more off, one for water powers and one of fighting, and stuck them in my boots. I searched the shelves for one dagger for electricity powers, but found none.

I guess that's the price I pay for being one of three people to have it.

Then, I heard footsteps outside the room. I pulled my sword out and peeked around the corner and saw a cloaked figure. I jumped out in front of the person and pointed my sword at their chest.

"Hey!" A familiar voice yelled. I lowered my sword. "Jackson?" The figure nodded. Jackson pulled his hood down, revealing his face and his scruffy, messed up hair. "What happened?" I asked, taking the whole scene in.

"Well, the staircase I went up lead into a large dinning room, which of course lead to an ambush. I took care of everyone, and stole this cloak from a dead guy." Jackson shrugged.

"You wouldn't happen to have another would you?" I asked, knowing the answer before I asked. Jackson took a folded piece of black fabric out from behind his back.

I took it and wrapped it around myself. I tied the string around my neck to secure it, and pulled the hood over my head.

"Hey! What are you two doing? Everyone is supposed it be fighting the stupid little magicians downstairs or guarding the master!" A voice yelled behind Jackson and I.

I turned around to see a scrawny boy with brown hair, pale skin, and gray eyes that looked white against his thick black cloak. "Um, well, we were just-" Jackson started, but I cut in."Well, we were supposed to guard the master, but we got terribly lost. I was wondering if you could help us?"

I tried my best to sound sad and lost, like a little girl. I prayed it worked. I think it did. "Oh, well, I suppose I can help. Just follow me." Said the boy. He pushed past me and lead us back through the hallway.

After passing through a maze of hallways, we stopped at a set of huge, silver metal doors. "Subtle." Jackson muttered under his breath. I felt a smile play at my lips, but I forced it away, I had to stay focused.

The boy knocked once, then twice quickly, then three times slowly. I tried my best to memorize it. Then doors were opened by two older boys, probably in their twenties, in black cloaks.

Inside was an abundance of cloaked men and women, and sitting on a throne in the corner of the room, was Castor.