Chapter 39- When It Should End

Michael Castor stood inside an almost empty room. I took a deep breath and walked in. "Ah, Rose, you look scared, or are you always this pale?" I smiled. "It's my natural glow." I said, surprised at how steady my voice sounded.

"I suppose you're wondering how I plan to kill you. Well, I'm going to stab you in the stomach, which is the worst place to be stabbed, Then, when you are desperately clinging to life, I'm going to take your magic, which is the most painful thing I could possibly do to you." He said with a sneer.

I nodded. "Just do it." I said. Michael walked over to the only piece of furniture, a table, and picked up a sword. He smiled.

"I have the urge to kill you quickly, but then again, you're Clearwater's daughter so, what should I do?" He asked. He wanted weakness. "I don't care. Just kill me already, Castor." I glared at him.

He walked over and placed the tip of the sword over my heart. "I could be generous and just stab you here." He taunted. "I don't care!" I yelled. He lowered the blade to the top section of my stomach.

I took a deep breath and looked away. I felt the blade press against my stomach painfully. I gritted my teeth as I felt a cut on my stomach. My shirt had a small line of blood on it. "Does that hurt, girl?" Castor mocked.

I looked him in the eyes and said, "Not at all." Through my shaky breaths. He pressed the sword in further and I cried out. Castor laughed harshly.

I couldn't do it. I backed away and put my hands up in front of me. "Stop! Stop!" I pressed my hands to my stomach and backed into the wall. I slid down it and let tears fall from my eyes.

"Stand up girl." Castor said, standing over me. I shook my head. He brought the sword down and cut my arm. I cried out. "Please, stop!" I yelled. "Coward." Castor said.

I stood.

"No, you're a coward, Castor. You have the nerve to fight someone unarmed. And, what, someone who's 20 to 30 years younger than you!" I yelled. Castor shook his head. He passed a dagger to me.

"Fine. Fight me." He said, sneering again. He knew in my injured state I couldn't beat him. He knew he'd win. Then I thought of something.

I called forth all the electricity I could muster, and did my best to make it flow into the dagger. Sparks went flying, but I didn't care. I cried out as pain shot through my hand, but I couldn't do anything about it now.

I threw the dagger.