Chapter 4- Camp Magic

There were kids of all ages (8-25) running around, carrying weapons, fighting, training.

Some of them were doing what looked like real magic. They had fire in their hands, they were controlling water from the lake, they were casting spells, and one was even creating snowballs with her hands and throwing them at a boy who was shooting arrows at her.

"I have to be dreaming. I'm asleep in my house. I'm not here." I kept saying to Jackson. "Yes you are. You have to let go. You have to believe."

I closed my eyes and let go. I willed myself to believe. I opened my eyes and saw every detail around be. The fighters, the people doing magic, Jackson.

I saw every detail of him. His messy black hair, his pale-but-still-tan-from-always-being-in-the-sun skin, the sharp line of his jaw, and most amazing of all, his fiery orange eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen.

"You need to go see Mr.Blackwood. He's in charge of the whole camp. He will help you. He can explain everything to you."

I sighed. "Okay. I just need to sit down somewhere." Jackson smiled. "I know how you feel. I went through the same thing, except I was only 8. I nearly passed out."

We walked up to a big mansion that sat in the middle of the camp. It was really nice, it had a stone wall in the front and then the rest was covered with cream colored siding.

The doors were big wooden doors that were intricately carved with flowers and swirls, it was painted dark brown.

Sitting on the deck holding papers was a man with brown hair tinged with a lot of gray. He looked up and I saw his wild eyes.

They were almost black they where so dark. They were obviously just gray, but it was still crazy.

"Oh, hello Jackson. Did the mission go well?" The man asked Jackson. Then the man turned to me after Jackson nodded and said, "Ah, Miss. Clearwater. How are you doing this afternoon?"

I smiled weekly. "Uh, fine, I guess. This is a lot to try to take in. I, you know, I just want to sleep." The man smiled. "I'm Mr.Blaclwood, by the way. And, you may sleep. You can come with me. Jackson, I will call you back later if I need help."

Jackson nodded. I sighed. "Okay." Mr.Blackwood stood up and helped me into the house. On the ground floor, there were hospital beds covering the majority of the room, but in one corner there was a kitchen and a table set neatly.

Other doors branched of to other rooms that I didn't know what was in them. Mr. Blackwood lead me over to a bed in the far corner and let me lay down.

He walked out of the room and into a smaller one. A few minutes later he came back with a bottle filled with foggy, blue liquid. He handed it to me and said, "This will let you have a peaceful night sleep. It will last from now till 8 o'clock tomorrow morning."

I took the bottle and quickly drank the liquid without thinking about it. It tasted like soap mixed with blueberries. As soon as I took it I felt tired. In a minute, I was sound asleep.