Chapter 59- Glad To Be Normal Again

I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill him. "Rose." Jackson said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "I can't." I said, shaking my head. Castor gave an evil smile. "Of course you can't, weak little girl.

I pressed the blade against his chest and let it cut him. Castor's face was blank, but he shifted his weight in pain. He winced as blood blossomed on his shirt. "Rose. Rose. We'll take him back to camp." Jackson said, pulling my hand back.

I relaxed, pulling my sword down. I let Castor stand, and Jackson and I grabbed his arms. "Move and you die." Jackson said. Castor laughed, but went with us willingly.

Once we got downstairs, we were welcomed by campers and staff from Camp Magic. Some adults took Castor from us, and soon we were surounded by healers. "You-you don't have any magic." Alex said as she fussed over me.

"I know. Castor has mine, Jackson's, and Sky's magic." I said absentmindedly. I became dazed as Alex fussed around me and checked for a fever and checked my vitals and cleaned me up. "Here. Drink this." Alex said, handing me a vial of translucent pink liquid.

I took it reluctantly and downed it without thinking. As soon as the liquid touched my lips, I felt better. A wonderful fruity taste filled my mouth. Strawberries and raspberries and blueberries and grapes and oranges and apples and cantaloupe and pineapple. They all filled my mouth at once.

I felt more alert the more I drank. My headache I didn't even realize I had disappeared. I took a few deep breaths and shook out my hands. I didn't even realize how much everything had hurt. My head, my legs, my arms.

"Better?" Alex asked. I nodded. "Thank You." I said, actually smiling. Alex smiled too. "As for your magic, we'll get it back." Alex said, winking. I thanked her and walked over to where Jackson was sitting. He had a vial of pink liquid in his hand and was making a sour face.

"This stuff is so gross. Did you drink this? It tastes like happiness and fruit." Jackson said, setting the vial on his leg. I laughed and sat down next to him. "I thought it was good. Plus, it makes you feel better." I said, nudging him with my shoulder.

Jackson scowled at the liquid, but he quickly put the vial up to his mouth and downed it. He set the vial down, coughing dramatically, as I laughed. "Ugh." He said, taking a few deep breaths.

"It tastes like happiness, huh?" I asked, still laughing. "Yeah, and strawberries." Jackson said, a bitter look on his face. "How are you doing?" He asked. "Uh, fine?" I said, unsure. "Me too. I may even be on the barrier of okay." He said. I laughed, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." I said. I felt Jackson tense under my head. I lifted my head and looked up at him. "What's wrong?" I asked. "My-my magic." Jackson said, standing abruptly.

"Wha-" I started, but pain erupted in my chest. Jackson's knees buckled and he fell to the ground. I doubled over, clutching my chest. My legs gave out, and I fell to the ground, the excruciating pain everywhere. I cried out, gasping for air.

Then it stopped.

"Rose! Jackson!" Alex yelled, helping me up, then Jackson. "Are you- your magic." Alex said. I took a few deep breaths, gasping for air. "What happened?" I asked, but before Alex said anything, Jackson burst into flames.

"Ah!" He yelled, seemingly okay, but freaked out. His whole body was covered in glowingly orange flames. It took a moment, but the flames died. He ran his hand through his hair and took a deep breath. "It's back." He said, grinning. "Oh God, it's back!" He yelled.

Then, I noticed a familiar crackle in my veins. Electricity buzzed up my arms and legs and head. I laughed and stopped it, though it took a second. "It's back!" I said, laughing. Jackson ran to me, picked me up, and twirled me around. I laughed as he put my down, my hair in my face.

"Sky!" I yelled, remembering the younger girl. "Rose!" She said, running into the room. "It's back! My magic's back!" She said, beaming. "You took it back?" I asked, surprised. Sky nodded. "Maybe I did want this. Just a little." She said, smiling.

"Wait, if we have our magic back, then that means-" Jackson started, but Rainy ran into the room and cut him off. "Castor is dead. Killed himself just now." She said. I stared at the floor.

"How?" I asked. "Grabbed a dagger off the floor and jabbed himself right through the heart when his guard looked away." Rainy answered, a grim look on her face. "Is you guy's magic back?" Rainy asked the three of us. "Yeah." Jackson said quietly behind me.

"It was painful." I said, scrunching up my nose. "Yeah. What's with that?" Sky asked. "Because the magic literally runs through your veins, it's like pulling blood from you. It's part of you, so it's even more painful then loosing an arm or a leg. And getting back is just as bad." Alex said matter-of-factly.

"Well, whatever, I'm just glad to have it back." I said, smiling. I really was glad to be a magician again.