Chapter 7- Cabin Number 15

"Wait- stop!" I said to Jackson. He had been pulling me pretty hard to get me away from the lab-building.

He stopped and looked me over as if trying to see inside my mind. "How much did you hear?" He asked me.

"Well, I heard May say "She should know", but you cut her off and said "No, she can't, I already talked to Mr. Blackwood" and Cameron was going to testify but then you guys spotted me." I said.

Jackson sighed with relief and smiled. He put his hands on my shoulders and said, "Can we, well could you forget about that? We weren't talking about you, don't worry."

I scowled at him. "Forget about it?" Jackson gave me big pleading eyes. I sighed and said, "Okay!"

"Thank you!" I noticed Jackson's hands were still on my shoulders. "Uh, oh." He said, noticing too. He lifted them up and showed them to me as if confessing to a crime.

I also noticed he had a tattoo on the palm of his hand. "What's that?" I asked him, grabbing his hand.

"Oh, that. That's the mark of my sword. Every warrior has a sword, and it's mark is burned into your palm. You can never loose it, for it is connected to you after you get the mark burned into your hand."

I looked at him wide-eyed. "Does it h-hurt?" I asked him. I know that was a really dumb question, but it just kinda came out, I needed to know.

Jackson smiled. "Yes, extremely. Like sticking a hot iron on your hand for 2 minutes straight, if that explains it." I just stared at him.

I looked down at his palm and saw his mark was silver fire. "Yeah, that's the crest on my sword." He explained. He pulled his sword out of his belt and showed me the silver fire that was carved into the bottom of the blade.

"Wow. Do I have to do that?" Jackson just kept smiling. "I'm afraid you do, Rose. Speaking from experience, it's honestly not fun, but as soon as it's over you're fine. But you feel the pain for about 2 minutes." He shrugged.

I gulped and turned away. "Great! What else do I have to do? Cut my hand off and see if it grows back? Slice off my foot and try to walk?"

Jackson laughed and said, "No, no. It's just burning a mark into your skin. Nothing crazy!" I laughed too. "Well, I guess that's okay. I never really liked having a plain palm." I said sarcastically.

"Any way, I should get you to your cabin so you can shower and what ever else." He took my arm and lead me away down the hill and to an area where there were a bunch of cabins in a line. There were about 10 of them, they were all medium sized and different colors.

"Okay your cabin number is, hey how old are you?" Jackson randomly asked me. "I'm 15, but I turn 16 in- oh my god, I turn 16 in ten days! My birthday party, my friends, my family! Oh no." Jackson gave me an apologetic look and said, "I'm sorry. I was just going to tell you that your cabin number is 15."

"Oh." I said. He lead me down the small hill and to the very first cabin. It was a small, wooden cabin, it was painted all white and the roof was cream-colored. The roof was small roofing tiles painted light cream.

The number 15 was nailed right next to the door in gold numbers. The door was intricately carved with swirls.

"Here we are, Miss. Clearwater. Your cabin suit.'' He walked by me and opened the door. "Please, go inside. Make yourself at home! It will be your home for a while anyway." I laughed.

I walked in and Jackson followed. Inside, we walked into a living room.

The walls were painted a dull, faded white. There was a table in the middle with 4 different colored (pink, purple, blue, green) cushiony chairs.

In the top left corner there was a small kitchen, it had a cabinet, a mini fridge, and a small microwave that looked like it didn't work.

There were to other doors on the far wall. I opened one and saw it was a bedroom with 2 bunk beds on opposite walls and a chest for each bed.

I walked out and opened the other door. It was a small bathroom. "I need to take a shower. Get!" I yelled at Jackson, smiling.