Chapter 16

[Ezra POV]

I woke up in Aida's California King Sized bed. I never got tired of how huge this bed was. I often forgot where this bed began and ended because of the simple fact that it takes me forever and a day to get out of it. I do know one thing, Aida wasn't in the bed and that she placed me here after the events of yesterday. She was passionate about her not wanting me to leave. I know I have to. She also told me she loved me for the first time since she remembered. Is it bad that I believe her? I still want to cry. I haven't seen her that tore up I'm forever it broke me a little. I don't know if I should be feeling this way. I saw her go blank before my eyes, I saw what seemed like her spirit leave her body when I declined her request for me to stay. It killed me. I'll give her one week. One week and I'll make the decision whether to leave or stay.

I rolled up out of the bed and saw that Aida had created a pallet on the floor. I wonder why she just hadn't slept in the bed with me? Almost as soon as my feet touched the soft exterior of her floor her head popped up "Are you leaving?" She questioned in a groggy voice. I looked down at her and shook my head no then whispered the words "not yet Aida"

She had a puzzled expression on her face as if she was expecting a different answer. I was dying to know why she hadn't just slept in the bed. "Why'd you sleep down there instead of up here in the bed?" I scrunched my nose.  "Well, I thought you'd wouldn't want me to sleep with you.  I was being a gentlewoman" She smiled sadly. She let her gaze fall the to the floor and she let out a sigh.  I knew she was thinking about. She was thinking about last night. "So did you mean what you said?" I questioned and her gaze met mines and her eyes held sadness but her lips curved into a smile. "Yes, I did. I meant every word. Please stay Ezra. I need you to stay" her gaze fell back to the floor. "Why?" I asked

"It's hard to breathe when you're drowning in shit" She looked me in my eyes when she spoke. That's deep I thought. "What'd you mean?" I looked  at her

"When you came back in my life, I wasn't in a very good state. I mean just because I got money doesn't mean I'm happy. You came back into my life and it was like I was breathing for the first time in a long time." She confessed looking me dead in my eyes. I was a bit taken back. I was at lost for words. I just kneeled down on to my knees and hugged her. I love her but am I really gonna consider staying? I mean to say we were going to get together what will happen. I mean I'm rich newly rich I like to call it but I don't fit into her crowd and her bougie ass sure don't fit into my crowd. It's weird we grew up together in two different lifestyles but we wouldn't haven't any other way. At least I think so.

"I understand if you leave, I know you probably think I was playing with your emotions." She continued sadness evident in her features. "One week, one week to prove that I should stay. One chance" I smiled

She kissed my forehead then gripped my hand sending warm tingles down my spine. "Well, I have to get going to work unless you'd like to accompany me" She smirked. "Aida, you don't have to be so proper with me, I feel like you're interviewing me sometimes" I laughed. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "I'll help you with it bougie ass " I laughed

"I'm not bougie, I can get down," she said stepping out holding a suit. "Blue or Black?" She continued "And you say you're not bougie. You work for a fashion magazine for crying out loud. You're the CEO. Dress down a bit. No wonder the models are scared of you, you look intimidating " I laughed and she frowned. She can't help it, she grew up with predominately lighter color people that had deep pockets. She always dresses nice. It was different when her father was alive.

"I don't even want to go in today. I want to go out with you. I only have six days after today lets start this week of convincing with a bang." She smiled typing away on her phone guessing to tell her people she's not coming in today. "Let me get dressed real quick. There are clothes that'll fit you in the closet over there"