Chapter 29

[Ezra POV]

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little sad that my best friend died. Yeah, she tried to kill Aida, I know that but she was always there for me at least when I needed her. She was my go-to for literally everything. Rena was part of my world, shit I've been wanting to call her everytime our show comes on, but I know she won't pick up she's dead.

"Babe, you ready? We have to pick out the flowers for Rena's funeral."Aida said monotonously. For a fact, I know Aida doesn't give a shit about what Rena wants at this funeral, I also know if she could go back she would shoot Rena herself. "Aida you don't have to come to pick out the flowers, I know you don't want" I sighed. "The real question is why do you? Why did you push the funeral? We could have easily cremated her ass to make sure she stays dead, all that drama and danger she put us in Ezra, she could've killed me, more importantly, she would've killed YOU Ezra" Aida's eye twitched indicating she was getting frustrated. 

"That was my best friend at the end of the day. I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK SHE DID AIDA!!!! I just do not want to remember her that way, she was there when you couldn't and wouldn't remember me. SHE WAS THERE FOR ME WHEN I CRIED EVERYDAY WANTING SOMETHING I THOUGHT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE. She did so much for me before she went batshit crazy Aida, can you understand it now? I don't care what she did, she didn't succeed in her ill actions did she? Am I dead? Are you dead? No." Tears were streaming down my face by this point. 

She reached out to touch me but I moved away. "Look I'm so-" "Fuck you and you're sorry" I cut her off wiping my tears. "Fuck me huh?" She lifted my head with her eyebrow arched. "Yeah fuck you," I said unsure of what she was implying. "Okay then" She started to take her clothes off. "No stop!!"I laughed. "Why?"She acted cluelessly. "I didn't mean it like that" I tried to not laugh. She walked up to me and I backed away eventually my back hit the wall, and her bare chest was pressed up against me. "But that's how I took it" she smirked. If she doesn't stop this. I was in a trance once again by her. I had to stay focused, she ain't getting to me today. "Still mad?"She whispered her lips grazing my neck. You can do this Ezra."Uh No but you need to get off me please and thank you" I said all in one breathe. "What can't take the heat?"She pressed into me once more. I choked her and switched the position, I got real close, her breathing hitched. "You're not getting any so quit"I smirked kissing her cheek and patting it.

"Come on put on your shirt back on we're meeting Antoinette for the flower arrangements" I smiled fixing my shirt. She groaned, "Just wanted a quickie before the dead bitches request started rolling in" I smacked her upside the dead. "Ow," She rubbed her head using her free arm to shove me into the wall. "Stop cussing, you sound better stuck up" I laughed. She put her hand over her heart and acted like I just killed her. "You dead?" I asked. "No, but my pride is damn shots fired or nah?" She laughed. "Oh relax, being melodramatic. I was kidding mostly anyways" I pushed her out of the front door and she fell out the door. 

"Damn bitch" she laughed. "Knowing damn well you fell on purpose" I helped her up. "Let's get the bitches, I mean female dog's flowers"Aida smiled walking to her car. She is going to make me tap that ass.

Once we got there to the flower shop, we were greeted by Tony and Chris. "Hey, Auntie" Tony smiled hugging me. "Oh hey Aida," Tony smiled. "Surprised you even showed up"Chris laughed patting Aida on the shoulder. "I'm here for Ezra" Aida smiled grabbing my hand. "I think we are all here for Ezra," Tony said laughing. "You don't want to be here either?"Aida asked.

"I couldn't care less if my mother rotted in hell, I rather let her corpse rot and let the vultures have her," Tony said to Aida. "I like your thinking"Aida smiled fist bumping Tony as I glared at them.

"All of you can leave. Just go I'll pick them out myself."I sighed frowning. Why can't anyone understand why this means a lot to me? "But bab-" "Just go, I know your way more eager to get back in your office at work" I cut Aida off sighing. "Are you sure you want us to go, Auntie?" Tony asked. "Just go, I know you don't want to be here and neither do you Chris" my demeanor saddened even more. "Babe, I'm gonna stay," Aida said. "No, you're going to leave, I'm not going to force you to just be here for me"I started to tear up but I didn't let my tears fall. "But-" "But leave please, I'll call you okay? Go to work" I smiled

She tried to hug me but I put my hand up in the don't you come over this way motion. "Okay, I'll go"She put her hands up in surrender. They all left and I walked into the flower shop and I asked them is the bouquet ready. "Yes ma'am. You did say one single Blue rose in the middle of all the black roses right?" The lady smiled. "Yes, ma'am may I see them?"I asked and she went to the back and I got a text from Aida. 

A.Michaelson- Bae

A.Michaelson- Bae I'm sorry for being a jerk

I Looked at her messages and was about to text back but the lady interrupted my thought. So I locked my phone and shoved it in my pants pockets. "They're beautiful, when's the earliest you can have them at the funeral home tomorrow? The service starts at 8" I smiled. "then they will be there before 8 Mrs.Miller" she smiled. "It is just Miss I'm not married yet, but please call me Ezra" I laughed. "Oh I just assumed, the way you were with the girl before you walked in just gave me the vibe sweety" She smiled patting my cheeks. "I'll see you tomorrow, Ms.Pam"I smiled walking out of the flower shop. Old people are so nice, well the one I encounter is.

I unlocked my phone and shot a text back to Aida. Me- Unlock the door I'll be there shortly. She sent me a thumbs up, and I started my car and headed to my house, knowing she was there. She's been staying at my house a lot lately. Almost all of her things are here, she might as well move in.

Once I got home, I went straight upstairs to my room, but I passed Rena's room. Well, old room before you know... I walked in and the room still smelled like her. She always smelled like vanilla and strawberries. I went to her bed and sat down, there were so many pictures of us in here, with 'this my best friend', 'that's my bestie', or 'love you lots' stickers It wasn't like a gross amount to where it was like an obsession, probably like 4? ButI saw something I never noticed in her room. It was a silver box with a blue bow on top and it said to Ezra. I opened it and it had a note, along with a scrapbook. I looked in the scrapbook, it was filled with pictures of me and Aida together from when we were little until now. Did she love Aida to? So why would she? I read the note. 

Dear Ezra,

By the time you see this, I will be presumed dead. I want you to know, whatever you may think or whatever mess Maverick and Bridget have placed into your mind to make me the bad guy, It was wrong. I never wanted to hurt Aida or You. Don't trust anyone but Aida and my daughter okay? They are the only ones who truly have your best interest at heart. And if you see my daughter tell her, that even though she hates me, I love her. I was saving this scrapbook for you and Ezra's anniversary but as you see I couldn't make it. I also want you to know that I am not dead, yeah it may be a little confusing, but remember that game we used to play? one of these things aren't like the others? I found someone who looked liked me if you don't believe me check for a butterfly tattoo behind her ear. I don't have tats Ezzie. Faking my death was the only way for you to be safe,..there's too much going on and if you show your suspicion you will be killed by my father and Bridget. Act like everything is normal. I left my number on the bottom of this note. Use a different burner phone everytime you call. And only call once every 2 weeks

-Love Rena 

I was in tears, by the end of the note. I can't believe she was 20 steps ahead of us. She knew when, where, and how everything was going to go down, my nigga is on some special agent oso type shit. I have to keep this information hidden though, and I must get her out of this situation. 

--

So who believes Rena? Is Rena really alive?

Ezra wrong for wanting to have a funeral for Rena?

Aida wrong for not understanding?

Thoughts on Antoinette aka Tony?

Comment/Vote