Chapter 41

[Aida POV]

It is 3 am and I'm wide awake. Ezra is sleeping next to me arms wrapped around me securely. Her faint breathing brushed up against my ears and once again it sent a chilling flashback of that horror house...something I'd like to forget. There are parts of what happened that I won't speak of or tell anyone. Maybe Ezra but my pride was severely injured along with my dignity. I was not raped, so don't think that. Back to Ezra's slight breathing... anyone man or woman being this close scares me and makes me cry right now. As much as I want to stay in her arms and feel safe, I couldn't just not now.

I hurriedly jumped out of the bed and banged my head with a pillow as I silent tears flowed down my cheeks. "Baby what's...Aida turn around" I turned around and she was standing right in front of me and I back up so hard I fell and she tried to help me back up. I raised my hand up "No," I said through tears as I hurriedly scooted away. She came towards me anyways and scooped me up as if I was a baby. "Please let me help my love"She rocked me back and forth and I soon calmed down. I sobbed loudly into her chest lightly but punching the bed that surrounded us. "Why" Was all I could say. That was my only question. Why me?

"Shh," She shushed me running her fingers through my dreads and placing my head gently on her chest. "You hear that?" She asked. "hear what?"I sniffled. "My heart, how steady and strong it is?"She drew small circles with her hand on my back "Yes, why"I questioned, still sobbing but quietly.

"Because as long as my heart is still beating and I'm breathing I will never leave your side, I will never let anyone hurt you ever again, or shame you." She gave me her word. "Tu es ma lumière dans l'obscurité mon amour" I spoke in my French tongue.

"Please tell me what happened mon amour?" she had a shy smile and I gulped. I opened my mouth and said: "It hurts to talk much,"I sighed. It was humiliating to say at once. I gave her a hint and I'll let her figure it out. But it really does hurt to talk.

She made me open my mouth and she gasped. "There is trauma damage. Your throat is swelling and it's red, looks inflamed."She had her fist closed tight. Believe me I know. Thinking about what happened had me running towards the bathroom. I threw up everything I ate earlier into the toilet. She hurriedly rushed to my side and held up my dreads. She rubbed my back in tiny circles. I didn't wish to speak nor did I want her to say anything. She was utterly silent. I was so out of sorts after that I just sat still. I had my eyes closed and she sat next to me on the cold bathroom floor. "You don't have to say it"She whispered. I placed my head on her shoulder and sighed. She picked me up and carried me the bed, she tucked me in and went to the sofa across from my bed and got a small blanket and snuggled into the couch. "I'll sleep here alright? You do not have to be scared of me, I'm watching over you, baby. Just sleep peacefully and get through tonight alright?"She lectured. I nodded with an audible mhm and rested my head on my pillow and drifted to sleep

[Ezra POV]

"Zaya she was acting fine when I told her you were my sister, she was fine after she got out of the hospital, she was fine when she remembered me again. I just I don't know what to do. You should have seen her last night. I've never seen her so defeated, she was in so much pain and it wasn't physical."I vented. Zaya grabbed my shoulders. "I know Aida, very well I might add. When something is seriously wrong with her she doesn't like to talk especially if her pride was hurt in the process. She is humiliated, embarrassed, and mentally scarred. I know you're not telling me all of what happened but based on what you've told me that my spill. I don't what I can do to help you, sis."She sighed looking away from me.

"I could always ask my siste- well my lover"She stuttered on her words. There's something she wasn't telling me but I caught what she had said. "Did you just say, sister? Do I have another sister? Zaya!!!"I was starting to get mad. "Well, that's why I brought you to the park. There are lots of things about our fucked up family you don't know, especially when it comes down to the children."She sighed."Is she here Zaya?"I asked. I was eager to see who she was but was also more pissed with our parents, but intrigued because of what Zaya had said about a lover and very confused. "Angel you can come to us now"Her voice was different, I could feel the love pouring from her, as she said the name but I will not say anything. Her entire demeanor had changed as well. Once I saw the woman walking towards us, my mouth flew open. She had on an all-white suite her hair was draping her face, curly and dark. She looked exactly like Zaya. Twins? How the ? What the?

"Close your mouth little sister it isn't a good look for you, now rise so I can look at you." She was assertive and very demanding. She had so much grace and control etched into her voice as if she was a leader. She examined me and a broad smile spread across her face, I hugged her and she gasped. "What on earth are you doing Ezra?"She laughed. She pushed me off her softly. She must not be a hugger. She looked at Zaya and motioned for her. "I missed you so much, my love. Business at home has been such a nightmare without you. They killed half of our people last night" She sighed. She placed her head on Zay's chest and huffed. I was so lost but I don't think I want to be found, I do not want to know, why my sisters call each other my love, I do not want to know why they are so close.

"Ezra when am I going to meet your girlfriend? I heard so many interesting things a bad bout her, and questionable things as well"She pulled away from Zaya. "Well, whenever Aida is better, I will allow you to meet her...she's in a very bad mental condtion."I sighed.

"Well alright, I'd love to stay and chat, and explain all of this too you, but I have things to do and money to be made. I love you sister. Are you coming my love? Our people miss you, and I miss you very much."Zaya hugged me and went to Angel taking her hand and intertwining her fingers. They walked into an all black limo and went away.

I went back home to Aida and she was still sound asleep. "I love you Aida, and I don't want to put my newly found complicated life on your shoulders." I whispered more to myself. "But I will get you through your struggles no matter how long it takes"  I said to her as she slept

To be Continued......

This is the last chapter of this book😊 sorry not sorry?  Should I write a sequel to this? Should I write about certain characters lives? Give me suggestions😂😂😂