Chapter 26

[Ezra POV]

I woke up next to Aida. I felt the sheets I was laying on before I opened my eyes. The texture was different from the ones in her bed back home. The pillows softer. The smell of her room was even different. It smelt like this shampoo I use back home. I turned to face Aida before I completely opened my eyes. "Different?" She questioned. I nodded with my eyes still closed. "Very different" I yawned. "This isn't my room in this house. My room is much bigger," Aida laughed. "Whole room is it? Whoever it is, smells good as fuck, smells like strawberry and something else very familiar" I smiled. I'm still confused it's weird why are we in a room that's not hers? I opened my eyes and sat up to scan my surroundings.

It was a white and gold themed room. It was big but not too big. It was my version of big but Aida's version of small. I scanned the room some more and the more I looked around the more I noticed things of mines, I've been here before. Not in this particular room but in this house.

I got my heart broken in this room though. "I remember the summer vacation, you begged your mother to let me come, and she did and she had this room made for me." I smiled at the memory. "You were dating that one girl, oh yeah the class slut, who could forget" Aida cackled, I straight faced her. "You only thought that because you didn't like her, but you called everyone I ever dated a slut except for yourself" I laughed. "We got here on the first day and it was okay and fun, we were having a good time until the skank sent you a text that was supposed to go to someone else, you figured it out and bam you were in tears," Aida said shrugging as if she didn't care. "and you were on the first plane back to New York the same night, claiming she will get the international smackdown" I laughed. "She got what she deserved even though you convinced me to stay, her lost my gain" Aida shrugged raking her hands through her dreads and down her face. "You've always had me though" I smiled holding out my pinky. She looped her pinky with mines. "You already know my cheetah girl" she pulled me in with a kiss and sighed heavily dropping her smile to a deep protruding frown.

"Whats wrong girl" I brushed her cheek with the pad of my thumb. She shook her head no. "You dragged me here, something is wrong and you need to spill the tea now" I demanded, pulling my sports bra over my head and down onto my small chest. I then put my hair in a loose low bun in the back of my head. "It's nothing, I just have a headache, maybe I'm just hungry" She lied, such a terrible liar, but I will let it slide. She is hiding something I'm not dumb. I know she lies when she circles her thumb around her index finger on her left hand.

"Oh well, I'll go make something?" I questioned more than I stated. Her face went from a light smile to a deep smile. "No, you always cook for me, I want to"She suggested. "Last time you cooked, you burned the skillet, and the oven caught fire, are you sure?"I laughed and she flicked me off. "You know what? You do it. I have to meet with a colleague anyways, I wouldn't have the time too." She joked but still managed to sound serious doing it. She wasn't lying either about the colleague.

"But babe stay for breakfast please" I whined."I'm not leaving the house dummy, I just won't have to make breakfast because my colleague is coming here to talk, I'm not leaving you alone period." Aida stood up in all seriousness. Something changed when she said that, her features suddenly got dark as if she was very angry about something, but what? I don't know.

"Are you-" "I'm fine my love" she left a quick peck on my lips and threw on some jogging pants. Guess I'll get started on breakfast, and try to figure what the fuck that was about.

I heard laughter coming from downstairs and me being nosey, went to go see who it was Aida was laughing with. Once I got downstairs, I was greeted with this tall, slender white woman, she had dark curly hair that was placed in a neat but messy bun, she had on grey sweatpants, a black Nike shirt and Black Nike slides.  She looked over at me and smirked. "This is Ezra? She's sexier then what you made her out to be." Her accent came off thick, and her voice came out deep and subtle. "Yes, I'm Ezra, and thanks" I smiled walking to her and dapping her up. Aida gave me the what are you doing face.  "So Ezra this is Chris, my friend and co-worker" Aida laughed. "More like, international best friend" Chris laughed. "Yeah, that too. " Aida smiled and laughed a bit.

I saw the ring on Chris's finger, is she married? It's on her left ring finger."Nice ring" I picked her hand up to look at. "My fiance's is even nicer." She cooed. "well I will cook some breakfast because I'm starving" My stomach growled. They nodded and went back into a room and shut the door.

                      [Aida POV]

"So she doesn't know about her fine friend?" Chris laughed sitting across from me. "No Christina, she doesn't," I said monotonously.

"Hmm, I see. So you called me to handle the problem aye?" She questioned putting emphasis on the word handle. "Yeah, but before you go guillotining people, I need to let you up on some information" I smirked

"Shoot" she looked at her shoes "This can be no sloppy half ass task. Rena is a professional assassin. I've dug into her past a little she's been trained for this kind of thing her entire life, it won't be easy" I was assertive. She gave me an unreadable look.

"I don't know much about your friend Rena, but I'll do it for you. But fair warning, someone like her isn't afraid to die. It's living that hurts them" She smirked. "Is that how you feel?" A frown formed on my face. She cupped my face and shook my head. "Quit the frowning, I rather die than to live but you can be dead and still be alive, yeah I kill people, yeah once upon time I killed for pay I stopped, I'm just doing you a solid, I owe you one, but my mental health shouldn't be concerning," she laugh loudly, she gave me her signature smirk. "I need to make a call," She rose up and headed for the door, then turned around. "You're like my little sister, there ain't nothing I wouldn't do for you, believe that. But like my sister I give her a deadline, you need to tell Ezra in 3 days. We play by my rules now and you know I play dirty" She stated assertively. Her eyes grew dark and so did her demeanor.

"I hear you. " I nodded knowing by 3 days she meant tonight or tomorrow. "Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty either sus, this is the last time I'm doing this also"She walked out the door and saw Ezra making plates to eat for breakfast. "I didn't know if you were hungry so I made your plate, you aren't leaving are you?" She looked towards us with piercing eyes

"I was about to leave, but I can stay and eat.*Chris smiled warmly going over to the island and taking a seat

" thanks" I sat down and she said "mhm welcome " her face was deep in the plate devouring her food, me and Chris laughed a little watching her. "Eat ya damn food, quit laughing " she laughed and then got silent again to eating her food.

                     [Rena POV]

I have some explaining to do.

__

Thoughts on Chris?

Was Ezra listening into Aida's conversation?

Thoughts on Aida

Sucky chapter

Comments/Thoughts