Chapter 40

[Ezra POV]

"Mom who is the kid in this picture, I know she is not me. This little girl is holding me and you and Dad are smiling behind us" I asked. "Why are you snooping through my things, Ezra,!!!!You Wouldnt have known about the picture if you weren't snooping in my shit." She yelled at me. I jumped at the sound of her voice, whoever this little girl is, made my mom nervous. I must know why.

"I don't give a flying fuck mother. Please just tell me who that little girl is" I asked trying to be as calm as possible. She sighed, "That's your sister, we gave her up after you turned one." My mother had tears forming in her eyes. This hurt her to talk about, but I have been neglected a sister, that I had the right to grow up with. "Why,"I asked I was growing upset rather quickly.

"She was troubled. When you were a baby she would play with you, you two were inseparable, but one day you were in your nursery crying and she took it upon herself to get you quiet. She took you out of your crib and she held you and she dropped you on the floor and you were finally quiet then started to cry louder than ever, you were bleeding from your head and you had a broken arm. She had a look of horror written all over face and she said it was an accident and that she'd never hurt you but I didn't believe her, because she dropped you once before on accident, but the second time I couldn't believe it. Your father said she was telling the truth but I had her sent away. She was a danger to you, she loved dearly"My mother confessed.

I couldn't believe my ears. I have a sister out there somewhere, and she couldn't be around because of a few accidents. I'm past mad. "What kind of Mother does that to their child? I don't know, my mother doesn't give up on her children, my mother didn't lie to me my whole life. You are just a mere reflection because I don't know who this is standing in front of me."I said and instantly felt a sharp sting across y face. I clutched my cheek. I inhaled deeply then spoke.

"What's her name," I said through grit teeth. "Zaya Latrice Miller"

"I'm going to find her"I spoke lowly. "You already have, she's a dyke like you, goes by Zay" She spat. I slapped her across the face sending her flying towards the ground."Bitch fuck you. Die slow"I spat in anger, I turned on my heel and walked out of there. I'm calling Zay, and immediately.

I dialed her number and she picked up after a few rings. "Hey, Ezra? What's up?"She was cheerful. "No don't hey what's up me. How long have you known Zay? or should I call you Zaya?"I practically yelled. She sighed, "About a year, I knew when I saw you for the first time, your smile gave me the answer. I searched for you all over my entire life. "She spoke calmly.

"You are my sister Zy... why didn't you tell me."I was about to cry. "Mom told me it was safer for you not to know, she forced me to keep it away from you. When she saw that I was back in New York, she paid me to stay as far from you as possible, but I started sleeping with Aida and it brought me closer to you, I didn't know Aida was connected to you at all you have to believe me, once, I found out, I did everything I possibly could to help her remember you the first time around and the second time around I helped her to remember you."She confessed. I could hear her voice crack. "Zaya, I believe you, I am not mad at you. But I do need my sister. Meet me back the house, Aida will open the door."I said as calmly as I could.

I rushed home to see that Zaya was about to knock. "Zaya!!!"I screamed. I ran up to her and I hugged her. This embrace made me feel secure and more connected like I've been missing something my whole life. "Please, my name is Zay now."She laughed. "Zay Latrice Miller" I laughed. "No just Zay, I don't want any ties to mom or dad. I'm just Zay, but if you must call me Zaya. I'm Zaya to you" She pulled out of our embrace and that's when the door swung open and Aida was standing there in a robe and house shoes. "What a pleasant surprise"She rolled her eyes turning on her heel and yawning. We both laughed and walked into the house.

"Zay is my big sister" I cheered. I was still shaken by what happened at my mom's house and how this came into effect but I must adapt to this, not being the only child thing. I need to get used to Zaya and welcome her. "Aida looked between us with wide eyes and then fainted from shock. Yeah, it's news to me too. Once she rose from her short passing out she woke with a loud "WHATTTTT!"

"I'm her sister Aida," Zaya said. Aida looked as if she was angry and then said,"You must take after your dad because you and Aida look nothing alike" She snapped. She gripped her side hard and groaned, blood was oozing from her bandages."Let me help?"I asked her but she backed away quickly. "I do not want to be touched right now"She groaned as she rose to her feet. She's been doing that a lot lately...getting scared when I try to touch her.

"Well, yippie, you two are sisters. Guess I have a thing for women in your family tree Ezra" She walked upstairs to tend her wounds. Zaya was snickering, and I elbowed her. "Not funny Zaya" I laughed. "But you are laughing"She had a point. "So what, but all I want to know before I go cater to my love is how you grew up? Why did you want to find me? What you like, What you don't like. So much time was stolen from us"I was eager to learn all about her.

She laughed slightly, "Go help Aida, I can tell you all of this another time, Aida needs you now. I can wait alright?"She smiled. I noticed she had green eyes. "Alright, I'll see you around Zaya"I pulled her into an embrace as if I would never see her again. That's how I felt honestly.

How am I going to deal with this. I'm happy, sad, and angry about this at the same time.

----

Zay? Wasn't expecting that huh?

Ezra?

Opinions thoughts?

Aida's comment?😂

Comment/ Vote