Chapter Two - The Cullens

We arrived at school in the middle of the semester

We arrived at school in the middle of the semester. Which I wasn't happy about. I heard a boy make a comment about Bella's truck. I got out with Cleo when Bella came to my side.

"Okay what is the rundown."

"Our old school was better."

"Bella" I sighed and turned to her.

"Sorry. Um. Steps are roughly 80 to 90 ahead there bushes cars, lots of other kids."

"Right, okay. Cleo, forward. we started walking and she took me around the obstacles and up the steps.

"Office is on your right." I nodded and told Cleo where to go.

"Hi, we're Bella and Jackie Swan."

"Chief Swan, daughters. Welcome. Jacqueline the headmaster has organised a buddy for you."

"There's no need."

"It's fine sweetie. Your Dad rang ahead." I sighed

"Okay" I smiled

"Are you gonna be okay?" I questioned

"Yeah, see you later." She left and someone else came in

"Emmett this is Jacqueline, she's new and needs your help."

"Sure. Hey." I like his voice it was playful and mischievous

"Hello" I held up my hand he took it.

"Strong grip." he let go

"Sorry. Um this way." we left.

"You don't have to do this you know. It'll just take time for me to memorize this place."

"So you're blind"

"Yep. And please call me Jackie, Jacqueline can be a mouthful. " He said nothing

"You're freaked out...it's normal. New blind girl get's everyone nervous. Nothing to worry once I'm used to wear I'm going me and Cleo can manage." I said stoking her head.

"Right. Um can I see your schedule."

"You could but the school has gone all out to accommodate me."

"Huh."

"Everything I have is in Braille."

" Oh, sorry. What do you have first ?"

"American History."

"You're with me then. Cool." I linked my arm with his and we went to our first class. As the day went on I got a feel for the place. When I came out of class I knew Bella was waiting for me.

"Hey Bells, how was...gym?"

"Good, I guess. Lunch." I nodded.

-

"Mike, I've seen you met my home girl Bella."

"You're home girl?"

"And this must be Jackie."

"Oh um. Jack, Eric is left of me Mike is right of you and Jess is across from you." I slipped my glasses on top of my head.

"Nice to meet you." I took out Cleo's portable bowls and fed her.

"You too so you can see anything."

"It's not complete black but yeah. I think it was Matt Murdock that said it's like fire or something like that."

"So how do you like read and write."

"Like a normal person. I mostly do all of it in Braille but I can write in print. I push myself to be with everyone else. I can function like you mostly." I started eating. There was talk of Bella being someone's girl then, there was a crash right next to me.

"My girl. Sorry you had to mess up the game Mike." Mike took off running.

"Oh my gosh its first grade all over. You're the shiny new toy." Jess moved closer to me.

"Smile." There was a click and it was a camera going off

"Sorry, I needed a candid for the feature."

"Features dead Angela, don't bring it up again." Eric snapped at the girl who came and sat with us.

"I got your back baby." he tapped Bella's arm and left.

"I guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking." I reached out my hand to her.

"You could always do seating disorders or Speedo padding on the swim team." I chuckled at Bella. I then continued having my lunch

"Actually that's a good one."

"Good one that's exactly what I thought." Jess said trying to keep up. I have a feeling that she had some insecurities. They chatted for a minute until I felt a shiver.

"Who are they?" Bella asked

"They're the Cullen's." Angela replied

"They're Doctor and Mrs Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska a few years ago."

"They keep to themselves"

"Yeah cause they're all together, like together, together.

"The Blond girl, that's Rosalie and the big dark haired guy Emmett, they're like a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal."

"Jess they're not even related."

"Yeah, but they live together, it's weird. Oh, okay. The little dark hair girl is Alice. She's really weird and she's with Jasper the blonde one who looks like he's in pain. Dr Cullen's like this foster Dad/matchmaker."

"Maybe he'll adopt me." I grinned at Angela's comment.

"Who's he?"

"Edward Cullen. He's totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently no one here's good enough for him. Like I care you know?"

"How gorgeous on a scale of 10?" I wondered

"20." Jess replied

"Oh he must breath taking then. I'm jealous I can't actually tell." I felt eyes baring into me and I turned round.

"Bells is anyone staring like really staring." She looked around

"Yeah." she turned back

"Edward Cullen."

"You or me?"

"Can't tell." she answered I carried on

"Jess is the Cullen table straight ahead if I turn round?"

"Yeah, why."

"Emmett is my 'buddy'"

"What class do you have next?"

"Biology."

"You're with me, I can take you." I nodded. Mike took the two of us to class.

"Mr Molina." Mike said

"Miss Swan's" We walked past the fan.

"Can I have your passes." Bella handed him the two slips of paper...