Chapter Nine - Family

I was sat on the back of Bella's truck reading when someone jumped down

"Could you two at least act human. We have neighbours."

"My apologies, darling." I heard Jasper.

"You didn't jump." Edward said behind me. I smiled lifting my head up.

"I'm growing resilient you your antics." He jumped down and put his hands on my legs.

"Jasper and I are taking the two of you too our place tomorrow."

"Like with your family?" I asked

"Yeah."

"What if they don't like me?" Edward laughed

"So, you're worried that you'll be in a house full of vampires. But that they won't approve of you. "

"You sound shocked."

"I keep forgetting you're not normal." I put my hands on his "Normal's boring. Ask Bells she's worst than me. Aren't you sis."

"What?"

"We're not normal. More you than me."

"Funny Jack." I giggled and then there was an eerie silence.

"What's wrong?" Bella asked

"Complication. We'll see you tomorrow." Jasper replied. Edward kissed my head and they left.

"Jack. Billy and Jake are here." I put my book down and slipped off. I got out my cane and went to Bells. I heard them getting out.

"Come to visit you truck?" Bella asked

"Yeah, looks good. Got that dent out." Jake replied

"Actually we've come to visit your flat screen, First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here keeps bugging me about seeing the two of you again."

"Great Dad. Thanks."

"Just keeping it real son." I giggle slightly. I heard Dad approaching us.

"Vitamin R."

"Good work Chief. Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry. Any luck with that Waylon case?" I turned around

"Well, I don't think it was an animal that killed him."

"Never thought it was." Billy replied

"Keep the kids out of the woods."

"Of course. Don't want anyone else getting hurt do we." I couldn't help but think there was a second meaning behind that.

-----

"The next day Edward and Jasper picked us up and took us on the long drive back to theirs. Edward opened the door for me. I got out .