Chapter Eighteen - Hole In the Heart

Chapter Eighteen - Hole in the heart.

Chapter Eighteen -  Hole in the heart

-Jackie-

I couldn't feel anything but pain, there was a constant whole in my heart that just wouldn't leave. October came and Halloween but Bella and I refused to go anywhere but school. We didn't even voice anything to each other. But we know how the other felt. We were in it together but wanted to be alone.

"Elijah, Elijah, Elijah." My phone went off but I ignored it. I didn't want to speak. I just wanted to sleep.

Then there was November, the falling the leaves and ready for the next. Yet again my phone went off with Elijah calling me. He would soon get that I wouldn't answer. I heard the door open and my Dad come in.

"Jack, Jack talk to me, please." I never spoke

"At least let me know you can hear me." he sighed I made the book to my right fall off the table

"Okay."

December came and nothing changed. Bella and I broke off from everyone to sit at the Cullen table. We had terrible nightmares every night, But I didn't mind because it was a reminder that it was real. That continued on in January then February.

------

I slammed the door of Bella's truck coming home from school.

"Okay that's it. You're going to Jacksonville." Dad told us

"No." I replied deadpan.

"They're not coming back, you two." I said nothing

"I know" Bells replied

"It's just not normal, this behaviour. And frankly it's scaring the hell out of me. Not to mention your mother. I don't want you to go. I don't, but just go. Go to Jacksonville. Make some new friends."

"I like my old friends."

"But neither of you see them anymore."

"We do. I'm going shopping with Jessica tomorrow."

"You hate shopping."

"I need a girls night out."

"Okay girls night, You going too Jack."

"No." I headed inside and sat down in my comforter and did nothing.

---- 3rd Person.----

"The next day the doorbell rang. Charlie opened the door and there stood two men. One had dark hair, brown eyes and dressed in a impeccable suit. The other, sandy blonde hair, blue eyes wearing Jeans, t-shirt and jacket.

"Hello, we haven't met. But I'm a friend of your daughter."

"Which daughter?"

"Jacqueline." the blonde replied

"Now be a mate and invite us in." Charlie's eyes dilated

"Come in." they stepped through. The three of them went into the living room.

"Who are you?"

"Forgive me. I am Elijah and this is my brother Niklaus"

"You know Jack?"

"She attended one of the schools we...fund. She came into the care when she was ten and spent the year under our tutoring.

"You must be the Mikaelsons."

"She mentioned us?" Klaus asked

"Briefly. I know she's grateful for you helping her get into main stream school, with her sister." Elijah nodded

"I like to check in with her once in a while, see how she fairs. But for the past six months there had been no answer." Charlie looked down.

"There was an incident."

"Is she well."

"Depends on who you ask." he gestured for them to sit down.

"Physically she's fine but I'm no longer sure about mentally."

"What Happened." Klaus wondered

"A boy." Charlie replied "She and her sister dated these brothers. It was a rocky relationship but nothing made her more happier. I don't know the full story. Neither one will tell me. But I know that they left. It broke them. She barely took care of herself. Only left the house for school. She's still up there now." he looked to the stairs.

"I was thinking about sending her to live with her Mom, living here is not helping."

"Would you mind if I talked to her." Charlie nodded

"2nd on your right." Elijah stood and undid his jacket before heading to his former wards room.

"Jacqueline." he knocked on the door but there was no answer. He knocked again. but she didn't say anything. He opened the door and entered. her room was a mess. He saw her figure sat in a chair not moving. Going over he crouched in front of her.

"Jacqueline, it's Elijah." her eyes flickered open

-Jackie-

"Elijah." I whispered "I'm dreaming."

"No, I'm here. You've not been answering my calls."

"A normal person would take that as a hint." I muttered

"We're anything but normal remember. Now, your father is telling me your silent over a boy."

"He's not just a boy. He's my life."

"Now, now, let's not get hasty." I didn't reply

"I have a splendid idea, how about you come back with me. Heal properly."

"No."

"Jacqueline." He touched my hand

"No! No! No! No! No!" I screamed. "GO AWAY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!"

"What's with all the shouting, love?" I sat bolt up right

"Nik." There was a rush.

"Who else. Now I've heard your boyfriend dumped you." I slumped back down

"Niklaus."

"What, the soft approach clearly isn't working. So let's try it my way." Nik gripped my chin and moved it to presumably face him

"You boyfriend dumped you. So what? Crap happens. I thought that when I came here I would see the warrior I helped create. No, I see a pathetic weak, human. Are you seriously telling me one boy ruins six years." I screamed grabbing and twisting his arm.

"There we go, welcome back, sweetheart." He used his vampire speed and pined me to the floor.

"How about a trip love."

"Where?"

"Louisiana." I sighed letting my head bang against the floor

--------

"Do you have to go?" Bella asked

"I think I do. You've already started healing. With Jake. I need to do the same. Who better with the tutors who fixed me last time."

"But you can come with Jake too."

"I need rehabilitating, Bells. If I'm her I'll think about him all the time. You know as well as I. That sucks."

"Will you come back?"

"Yeah. I trust them. I'll be back in no time." I hugged her then went to my Dad.

"Thank you for agreeing to this."

"If they help then I'm willing to try anything."

"I call you and e mail." I hugged him then left with Nik and Elijah.