Chapter Fifty Three - Its Time

Chapter Fifty Three - It's Time

I sat in the tent with Mason and Lilibet

I sat in the tent with Mason and Lilibet. I stroked their hair out of their face and handed them lockets. The opened it and each had a picture of Edward and I.

"It means forever and Always." I told them. They looked up at me.

"Tomorrow I need you to stay with Seth and Rebekah. Okay. Even if...even if i tell them to take you away." I saw tears usher in their yes.

"Hey. Come here." I pulled them into a hug "That is the last thing I want to do. I love you, forever and always."

----------

The day arrived, the day that could make or break my family. Edward and I walked with our children, our friends and the family. I had one arm on Mason's shoulder when we stopped. Their footsteps were loud and overpowering as they came out and cross the field. The guard split for Aro, Caius and Marcus. They had Alec and Jane with them.

"Aro's looking for Alice." Edward told me I shifted a little but stood tall, howls of the wolves rung through my ears. Seth came and stood beside us. Carlisle walked forward.

"Aro let us discuss things like we used to, in a civilised manner."

"Fair words Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us.!

"I can promise you that was not my intent. No laws have been broken here."

"We see the children. Do not treat us as fools." Caius sneered

"They are not an Immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look, Se the flush of blood in their cheeks."

"Artifice." Caius called There was a rush of wind as the others arrived.

"Did we miss the start love." Nik asked me. I turned to him with a small smile.

"No."

"Lovely."

"Aro, Caius and Marcus. How far you have come." Elijah fixed his coat as he walked forward with his brother

"Elijah, what a pleasant surprise." I could hear the waver in his voice. There were hardly vampires to fear but against the Original Vampires. I bet they were shivering

"Isn't it. Imagine my surprise when my dearest ward informed me of your intent. Now I think that the whole truth should be known. Don't you." I stood a little taller.

"Of course. Why not someone central to the story. Edward, Jasper. As the children cling to your newborn mates, I assume you are involved." Edward looked at the twins then me. He and Jasper headed toward Aro. Bella tried shielding them but  to her it couldn't go that long. First Edward was read. The look of amazement washed over. He then read Jasper and it washed away.

"I'd like to meet them." The two looked back. I took their hands and started walking but stopped to look at Nik and Elijah. They followed as we joined them.

"Ah. young Bella and Jacqueline. Immortality becomes you." ugh, he made my skin crawl. Aro looked at the three. He laughed.

"I hear their strange hearts." I looked to the two who knew what they had to do. The twins walked up to him and in unison give Aro their hands. his eyes flickered till they pulled away. Reneesme then stood in front of him.

"Hello, Aro." She didn't give him her hand. Instead she showed him through her gift." I took their hands and brought them back to us.

"Magnifico. Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by these newborns. While they will still human."

"Impossible!" Caius denied

"Do you think they fooled me brother." We took them back across

"Bring the informer forward." Irina was taken to them "Are those the children you saw?"

"I'm not sure, she replied

"Jane."

"They've changed. Those children are bigger."Irina amended.

"Then your allegations were false" Caius said

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake." She looked at her sisters "I'm sorry." Caius lit a fire as the guard took Irina apart.

"Irina no!" Kate and Tanya screamed. They went to attack but the others wet to stop them Carlie was lifted onto Seth's back while Rebekah held Mason.

"Blind them" Edward asked Zafrina. Eleazar and Emmett held Tanya and Garrett painfully held Kate.

"Give me my sight back." Tanya ordered

"Tanya, this is what they want. If you attack now, we all die." Jasper tried to ease them They nodded and they could see again. Edward and Jasper made their way back to us.

"Pain." Jane muttered. They crippled to the ground.

'Bella!' I called in my mind. She grabbed my hand and focused. Bella told me that she could harness my energy to make it stronger. Then it was a working theory. Now it's proof, slowly they got up.  Jane's eyes darted around trying to reach one of us.

"It's working." They grabbed out free hands. Jane looked directly at us and I cheekily stuck my tough out. She went forward but her brother stopped her. Alec tried but was stopped

"Well, as you can see there are none of your laws broken here." Elijah took a relaxed and calm stance

"Agreed. but then does it not follow. that there is no danger? For the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintain our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times only the know is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing of what these children will become. Can we live with such uncertainty?" Nik chuckled and Aro snapped his head toward him

"It's funny didn't we ask the same thing of you? I'm sure we did, didn't we brother?" Nik looks to Elijah.

"Yes I believe we did."

"You mock us?" Aro asked

"We need not mock when you are the lesser species. Spare yourselves the fight you will not win." Elijah sighed

"Only to die years from now?" Elijah was about to retort  when we heard footsteps approach us.

"Alice." Edward says

"Alice." Aro was overjoyed seeing her. She was stopped by Demetri

"Oh Alice, we're so happy to see you here after all."

"I have evidence that the children won't be a risk to our kind." Alice held out her hand "Let me show you." She was released and gave her hand to him

------------------------