Chapter Twenty Eight - Working Together

Everyone took it in shifts to guard the house and keep my family safe

Everyone took it in shifts to guard the house and keep my family safe. If I wasn't with Edward. One of the girls would be with Bella and I. As for me and my sister, while we were united, we were divided, I spent my time with my friends she was with Jake and the wolves.

"I will be back sometime after nightfall." Edward told me after he pulled up outside, the Mikaelson rented mansion.

"You don't need to hurry back. I'll be fine." He leaned in and kissed me, which I returned

"Okay, maybe hurry a little." I got out with Cleo and was met by Kol.

"Ready to have some fun darling."

"You bet." I let Cleo off to have some fun.

-----

"All right, first one to knock their opponents off wins." Rebekah called I was sat onto of Kol's shoulders with Elena on top of Damon."

"Ready."

"To win sure. " Kol laughed

"Oh, really?" Elena challenged

"Bring it."

"Ready, set. go." I locked with Elena trying to shove her to off. The other's were cheering for their favourite.

2"You know just because you a vampire, doesn't make you stronger than me."

"I think it does." she grunted." Because she was pushing me with such force I simply let go and bent backward.

"Oof." I sat back up

"You're right, but strength isn't everything." It went on like that all day. Having contests. The others were surprised that I could handle myself despite my lack of sight.

---3rd Person---

Edward, pulled up outside the mansion, temporarily being occupied by Mikaelson and company. He ran the doorbell, which was answered by Elijah.

"Mr Cullen, do come in." Edward walked in and looked around it was grand and regal, something he expect the Volturi to live.

"Jacqueline is in the garden with everyone. Please follow me." Edward followed the Original to the back where everyone was cheering.

"Where is she?" Edward asked

"In the middle. They're testing, Jacqueline's training." The watched as a blindfolded Jackie stood in the middle. Each of them used their vampire powers towards Jacqueline who defected them

"Training."

"My brother, Niklaus trained her physically. He taught her to hone her four senses, in defence and offence. A perfect human weapon"

"Weapon, Jackie's not a weapon."

"I quite agree. I didn't know it then but Niklaus wished to use her as a tool in his own games. A Human who and lure and kill his enemies. However, she has a way of sparking a light in the darkest of people. As you can see, they all came to protect her and those she cares about. More would have entailed but when you're an original, it can come with many enemies." Jackie stopped the attacks coming from her friends.

"While she can handle her own. What is to come I think is beyond her capabilities. She is still human."

" I know."

"But she doesn't want to be. Yet I think you already know that."

"She is wanted to be turned after graduation."

"You don't approve. I would be inclined to agree, yet when I look at her. I know she is meant for something more." Jacqueline back flipped high onto Damon's shoulders and gripped his neck. The smile on her face, made questions surface in Edwards head.

"I'm a human superhero." She called making the others laugh.

"She act's differently, with you."

"Jacqueline is not fond of being treated like china. While we treat her with care, we know that as she so kindly put's it. 'give as good as she gets.' You want to protect her, shield her from our nature. I'm afraid to say in a respect you are somewhat a tad late." Edward stood in silence

"Jacqueline." Her head snapped up as she sat on Damon's shoulders

"Yeah." She breathed heavily

"Edward is here." Her smile brightened.

"Giddy up horsey." She tapped Damon's head. Damon rolled his eyes but used his vampire speed to reach the two.

"Whoo, again, again." She wiggled like a little child

"Jacqueline, please dismount."

"Okie dokie." She split her legs and placed her hands where they were . Using Damon as a balance she kicked off and landed

"Hey."

"I'm not a balance beam, Jack."

"Are you sure?" Jackie giggled. Edward took her hand and she took the last couple of steps to place her hand on his chest.

"I will see everyone later. Bye guys."

"Bye." The both left back for Jackie's house.