Chapter Twenty Four - In Tune

"Some say the world will end in fire

"Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favour fire. But if I was to perish twice. To say that for destruction Ice, is also great." Edward kept distracting me by playing with my hair.

"I have an English final you know. I have to focus." I turn my head to him, and he kissed me. I hated when he did that while I was trying to concentrate. It was hard to refrain from not kissing back.

"Marry Me." I smile

"No." he kissed me again

"Marry me."

"Change me." I countered

"Okay, I will if you marry me. It's called a compromise."

"I would call it blackmail." I pushed him down

"Marriage is a piece of paper."

"Well, where I'm from it's a way of saying I love you." he chuckled

"You say that every day, and where I come from, which is the present. Marrying at 18 says I got a bun in the oven." I shoved his face and sat up.

"So you're worried about what people think?" I scoffed

"Edward, this is me were talking about, i will kick someone's but for looking at me in the wrong way. Did you know that two out of three marriages end in divorce."

"Well I think you'll find the vampire/ human divorce rate is a little low."

"I can't, I have a meeting a four." I grinned and stood up.

"Come on Cleo. Forward." We started walking when Edward caught up with me.

"Where am I dropping you?"

"No need, I'm heading back to the car lot and being picked up there." When I got back I heard a car horn.

"I'll speak to you later."

"Why won't you tell me who you go with?" I sighed

"Edward. I don't like keeping secrets but there are some that aren't mine to tell. I made a promise long ago. I'm not going to break it." I leaned up and kissed him

"I'll see you later." I turned back around and went to the car. Cleo got in the back and I got in the front. I rolled down the window and waved before putting it back up.

"Hey." I smiled

"Hello love." Nik smiled and pulled out. "Nik was staying in town for a while but sadly he was leaving after I graduated. He was taking me to training sessions."

"Still with the boyfriend. I see."

"Well we haven't broken up in the last 24 hours so yeah." Niklaus was making sure that I was alright before leaving. I trained with him using his speed and strength cause that is the only way I would learn to defend myself.

"I back flipped and held the stick against his neck.

"Better, you're back to you strength. Do us a favour, sweetheart and don't bury it away."

"I won't not this time. I think it's the only thing keeping me sane. Everyone's teaching" I stood up and removed my blindfold

"Good."He threw his stick and I caught it. "I didn't raise you to be weak."

"You raised me for a year, Nik."

"A year and two months but who's counting." I took my blindfold off

"You do like me. I knew it." He laughed and never replied

"It's okay you know. Even if you were mean I knew after a year I wormed my way in there. Big Bad wolf can care you know."

"Whatever you say."

"Well, You taking me home or what."

----------

I opened the door to my house.

"I'm back." I called

"In here." Dad called back. I headed into the living room.

"Hey." I found a space to sit and take off Cleo's harness.

"How was tutoring?" Dad asked

"It was good. I think I'm gonna ace my finals

"Fighting talk that's how I like to hear." I smiled

"I'm gonna feed Cleo then go to bed. I'm beat. Night you too." After feeding Cleo I went to bed. Once I got in I felt a chill.

"That doesn't work anymore you know. Creeping in through my window."

"You're more in tune now."

"That's one word." I turned into him and went to sleep.