Chapter Forty Two - Friends and Foes

"Hey, sunshine." I heard Hayley

"Hey."

"They're just about to start a meeting downstairs. You wanna come." I nodded

"Jacob has something to tell us. He's here with Seth and his sister." I was taken down stairs and gently sat down on the sofa.

"Sam has lost the element of surprise, and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity." Jacob informs us.

"He won't get through without a fight." Emmett states

"No fights, we won't be the ones to break a treaty."

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind."

"It isn't in ours" Esme replied

"Carlisle, no one's hunted in weeks."

"We can sort that, at least for a short time. Stefan left some of is forest diet behind." Hayley contributed."

"We'll have to make do then." Esme thanked them

------

"What is with that boy." Rebekah huffed

"Who?" I asked

"Seth Clearwater. Follows' me around with those big doe eyes." I smile softy

"You should give him a chance. He might surprise you."

"Age difference."

"Like that stopped you before, original vampire. Besides I think he might surprise you, I have a really good feeling about him."

"I think that just the daemon spawn talking." she retorted

"Seriously with the demon names, for an original you can't think of anything....well original." Hayley entered.

"All I'm saying is give him a chance. I actually like him, he's the only one that doesn't annoy me that has to count for something, right."

"Whatever."

The vampires and wolves stood guard watching over us as we slept and carried on with our pregnancy. It was becoming more difficult buy the day, as I was becoming bore week. I couldn't keep anything down. So it was time for another check up.

"A couple of your ribs are broken. But there are no splinters. You haven't punctured anything" Carlisle informed me.

"Yet." Edward retorted

"Edward."

"It's breaking ever bone. It's crushing you from the inside out. Carlisle, tell her what you told me. Tell her" I shifted around a little at Edwards tone.